Moab 2016 | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2016

Wish I still lived in Saint George. Sorry to its been a rough trip home. Where are you staying? My parents have an open bed for you and a nice shower if you'd like. Can send my Dad over to get you. They are just off exit 4.
[MENTION=12287]Stic-o[/MENTION]

Appreciate it. I was able to camp out in the Ford parking lot for the night. If it's going to take longer than a day, my parents are going to come up and get the trailer, JP and myself. We would come back for the truck when it's done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Russell and I are almost home. We were trying to make it all the way last night but our trailer lost running lights. Has a short to ground and blew the fuse on the truck. So had to stop and get a hotel room for the night. I wouldn't have noticed till I had a 5th gen with flashing red and blue lights make me aware...

Appreciate it. I was able to camp out in the Ford parking lot for the night. If it's going to take longer than a day, my parents are going to come up and get the trailer, JP and myself. We would come back for the truck when it's done.

Thank goodness you were able to make it to a town with a dealership. So much nothing out there that tows get expensive real quick.

Sounds good! Offer is always open. Dad works from home so can help with anything if needed!

Back on the road :thumbsup:

Glasken, Cherokee and I made it home safe and sound last night! Radius arm bushing is shot on the driver's side, but we got it home without breakage! Now we just need to fix the windows that got all fussy with the bumps!

I didn`t make it home yet , I`m in Yakima Wa. to see friends ,then friday head to the trails for Memorial Day weekend .
Damage report : I drug coming out of a Chevron Station in Spanish Fork Utah, Trailer Hitch ,no big deal , Opps a leveling jack on the Motorhome is at a 45deg. angle , bent the braket on the frame and pulled another one off the jack. The dealer has more to fix when i take it in .
Not bad for 4 weeks 3500 miles towing the Explorer and wheeling some in Nevada , Arizona then doing Moab .Now to make it 1 more week before going home .

5spdman, did you get to Des Moines about 9:00 this morning? Pretty sure I saw you just a few miles west a few minutes before 9.

I have no interest in wheeling myself, but I've been following this thread.

Kevin and I made it to my house about 45 minutes ago, now he has another 2hrs of Seattle rush hour traffic to get to his house.

Awesome trip. Good to hear everyone is getting home safe!

Digging into my overheating issue right now. Fan clutch (even a made in the USA one!) looks new as does the fan. I think the radiator itself is the problem, the bottom half of the fins look plugged up so I am yanking it out in a few to see if I can power wash the crud out and remove the a/c condenser while I am at it for less restriction.

Another great year!

I just saw [MENTION=12287]Stic-o[/MENTION] on the way home at Roy Roger. I'm heading the other way :burnout:

I made it home aboit an hour ago. No problems on the way home except for a pinched trailer light wire before leaving Moab.

However, on thw way home Phil pointed out that the right rear of my trailer looked tweaked. After getting home i climbed under and saw that the bend was right at the center link of the tandem axle. Then it dawned on me that at the second les schwab they jacked it up there fully loaded and even commented how heavy it was. So now I'm off to my local les schwab for pictures and a claim form.

Just got home with no further problems. Thank God!

5spdman, did you get to Des Moines about 9:00 this morning? Pretty sure I saw you just a few miles west a few minutes before 9.

Very possible...I was booking it home and don't really know when I went through where...we had stopped around midnight somewhere in Nebraska to nap a couple hours and then hit the road again...

Got home about 3 hours ago...had time to drop off my wife and the dog, grab my backpack and head to class this evening...just unloaded the truck, gonna eat some real food and work on pictures!

We just made it back home, safe & sound.
Three adventures were had. Trip out, time spent with a fantastic group of people, and the trip home.

Time to slip into a coma for a day.

So now that I'm home I can officially say it was a awesome trip. It was so nice to finally meet some you, and wheel with some of you. It was a real honor to be part of such a event. This is a trip I've wanted to make for 10 years, and everything worked out. Although it was a bit more expensive than I planned, and I'm not sure my wife is going to let me come back any time soon...lol.

Thank you to everyone, for making it a great weekend.

Look forward to seeing some of you at Truckhaven :thumbsup: Make it happen people.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad you made it home with no further drama. Pheww!!

Back