It Just FELL OFF! 2016 Ford Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It Just FELL OFF! 2016 Ford Explorer.

JustaOldFordGuy

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Elfloer XLT
So, I am driving my new 2016 Ford Explorer, less than 9,000 miles, down the freeway this weekend and all of a sudden, the Keyless Entry Panel on the driver’s side door just flies off the vehicle. I see in my side mirror the panel just flapping in the breeze, being just held to the vehicle by a few small wires. I finally get pulled over safely and see that the small pieces of double sided tape holding this panel on have separated from the vehicle. I manage to secure the Keyless Entry Panel back to the vehicle using double sided tape and continue with the family vacation.

However, now my rear power lift gate will not function. I also have a steady lift gate ajar warning light on my instrument panel. The Keyless Entry Panel lights are not functioning. Also, my backup camera no longer displays the red and yellow box indicating my vehicle clearances. The camera still works, just no red and yellow boxes.

Any help on getting the lift gate working? It makes getting luggage in and out a bit of a pain. I have managed to get the gate open using the manual latch located under the panel on the lift gate door.

Thanks.

Get a hammer and bust out the back widow and remove luggage

Tape? Geez now that is quality :-/

Back