Problem with vehicle health report | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problem with vehicle health report

Ellocovg

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Danger Ranger XLT
So I've been trying for the last six months to activate this for my truck with no luck. First it said my vin was invalid, finally few weeks back got it to go through and created an account. Problem is when I try to activate the VHR it tells me if I want to change the phone on file I click yes then it gives me the following error message.

Our SMS service is undergoing maintenance. You will not receive SMS text messages at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

It's been on going on For weeks and if I try to do a report it tells me I'm not registered to go to the ford owner site and register.

Can anybody help with this thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I've been trying for the last six months to activate this for my truck with no luck. First it said my vin was invalid, finally few weeks back got it to go through and created an account. Problem is when I try to activate the VHR it tells me if I want to change the phone on file I click yes then it gives me the following error message.

Our SMS service is undergoing maintenance. You will not receive SMS text messages at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

It's been on going on For weeks and if I try to do a report it tells me I'm not registered to go to the ford owner site and register.

Can anybody help with this thanks.
If you don't get a successful resolution, I suggest sending the FordIVTteam a PM.

Peter

Does the vehicle health report provide any meaningful information yet?

HI,

i have a 2013 Explorer Sport (US-import) and life in Germany....
It´s possible to use the VHR outside the US? Sync2 always want call a US cell number but without the "+1 or 001" and the call fail.

The Dealer can´t help me (because of US Car and Software). It would be nice if it wear possible to get it run with a "hack"....

There is an option to have the report emailed to you, instead of using SMS service.

HI,

It´s possible to use the VHR outside the US? Sync2 always want call a US cell number but without the "+1 or 001" and the call fail.

The Dealer can´t help me (because of US Car and Software). It would be nice if it wear possible to get it run with a "hack"....
As per the 2013 Owner's Manual;
Vehicle Health Report (if equipped, U.S. only): Provides a diagnostic
and maintenance report card of your vehicle.

Since we can't get that in Canada either, I don't really know what you are missing but I doubt it is anything that important.

Peter

Does the vehicle health report provide any meaningful information yet?
It does. In my case, it was the only way I could hang on to a record of a recurring Park Aid Error. For some reason, ford has designed their information system in such a manner that the info/error that displays on the display screen disappears on reboot. So running a Vehicle health report when I see errors was the only way I could capture errors.
@Ellocovg The only time I had problem with health report was when a different phone was paired via Bluetooth to my explorer. In my case, it was validating on the caller id meaning if the right phone was paired via Bluetooth, the report was sent accurately and received via email. As suggested earlier, contact ford support.

Thanks guys, I sent an email out to them. I'm sure it's a useless gimmick but I'd like to atleast have a new toy lol.

I get a discount on my vehicle insurance (State Farm) for sending them a monthly VHR. I believe they use it to track mileage. Same thing for OnStar with my Cadillac.

Yeah I tell them I drive 10 miles to and from so no I don't want to tell them how much I actually drive.

HI,

With an Android Phone, you can use Google Voice or the android SIP dialer to make a call over data. That way, calls can go out with a US dialing plan. You may have to change the call settings to force calls to go out over data without prompt.

I tried running a vehicle health report for the first time. I couldn't get it to run/complete.

It would run. Then try to make a call to an (888) number but doesn't go through because the number doesn't work.
Then the call ends and then it says that the report can't be completed.

Owner.ford.com has a green check mark and says "ready to run". My cell number is listed as the # being used to run the report.

What am I missing here?

Back