• Register Today It's free!

Popping on floor when turning

BLKPRL

Reaction score
City, State
UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 tj 97 expl. E.B
Okay new guy here.. but if you all love your exploders as much as I love my heep you can help me.. so 1997 stock Eddie Bauer edition. (Left foot is where a clutch would be) on my foot when my wheel is straight I feel popping on my foot when turning the wheel left to right and sometimes right to left. When stopped wheels facing straight.. as well as turning on the streets.. I do have bad camber wear on the driver side tire only I'm thinking ball joint. But could I feel ball joints?? Please help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lower and upper ball joints are the usual suspects. Once you rule them out, check tie rods, sway bar end links, caliper bracket bolts, and torsion key kevlar pads only used from 1995-97. Place jack stands under the LCA forward facing "hooks" to unload the suspension, and check for anything with excessive movement. Also check the body mounts below the firewall.

Thanks. Lol ifs is hard. I'm a jeep guy lol new to the ifs baloney

4wd, AWD?
I'd have a look at the CV joint as well.

My bet is the CV also.

I have also a pop in the floor...

First, I thought that was actually the floor itself, it look cracked, and when I push it with the fingers, It pop...
I apply sealant, and I thought myself, that the pop gone..

After the second tranny repair, the pop back...
Checking the floor, in a little up sector, If I apply pressure again, it is a pop...

But, checking under, I realize the the starter is loose, the stupid mechanic broke the hole grip area in the tranny.
I put a longer screw and the starter was fix now

But, I'm still hearing the pop sometimes...

My CV are ok, BTW

Back