Radiator fan bearing noise 2016 Models | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radiator fan bearing noise 2016 Models

Explorer fan issues

I have a 2016 explorer xlt with exactly the same problems you shut the engine off and the fan starts making that horrible noise I've been to my dealer twice and the second time they said there's nothing they can do until Ford solve the problem
I used to own a 2013 explorer xlt and that went to Ford 7 times because in the winter it wouldn't start and after 7 times they still couldn't fix it so I trade it in for this 2016 model and now I've got this fan issue I will not be buying any more explorers or fords for that matter I've been patient enough with 9 visits in two years with two cars I'm sorry but you can forget FORD !!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My fans were replaced last week and the "new" fans are still making the noise at shutdown, less but still noticeable.

I bought a 2016 Explorer platinum 2 weeks ago; took a 2000 mile trip, sure enough the fans make the exact noise you guys are talking about on shut down.
I wonder if Ford will do anything??

My fans were replaced last week and the "new" fans are still making the noise at shutdown, less but still noticeable.
That sucks. Do you know if these "new" fans were of a different design or not? Hopefully they were the same part # and not a different one that Ford thought fixed the problem.

Honestly I don't know, but they work and only make the noise at shutdown.

So no change then...

Revised Fan

I just got my new 'revised' fan installed. No problems yet. I will keep you updated. Here is the part number off my invoice. DB5Z*8C607*C

Honestly I don't know, but they work and only make the noise at shutdown.
I suspect that your fans were replaced with the original ones (DA8Z*8C607*A). The latest posts show a different part number (DB5Z*8C607*C) which I'm guessing is the revised unit.

Peter

7 months and 15k Miles, mine no longer makes the shutdown squeal. No over heating either. Shop never replaced them.

7 months and 15k Miles, mine no longer makes the shutdown squeal. No over heating either. Shop never replaced them.

LOL, 7months later also (half your mileage though) and the squeal is also gone.
At my first oil change a few months ago, both the tech and myself weren't able to reproduct it, so no action was taken at the time; but noted as a concern on the work order.

I can hear the fan spinning at full speed after turning off the vehcile and no more squeal...

I do have the 7yr/100k premium care with $10th deductible.

The squeal is still present. Mines has a build date of 4/2016 and currently has 125 miles. Squeals on the last few revolutions of the fan. Will see if it gets worst. Otherwise, I like the vehicle.

I'm at about 2,300 miles now and the fan screech is starting. Boooo. At least I knew exactly what it was thanks to this forum. Does anyone know if the part for replacement fans has been modified, or do they also go bad over time?

My fan was replaced with DB5Z*8C607*C Motor and Fan ASY - Engine COO about a month and a half ago and no issues so far.

Mine is at tbe dealer now getting the hatch aligned and I told them about the fans too. Unfortunately, I am at 5k now and the noise that was once really loud is now intermittent. I bet they won't be able to duplicate it, which means they won't replace even if there is a TSB.

I'm at about 2,300 miles now and the fan screech is starting. Boooo. At least I knew exactly what it was thanks to this forum. Does anyone know if the part for replacement fans has been modified, or do they also go bad over time?
See post 168.

Peter

Unfortunately I have had nothing but problems with my '16 Sport and it only has 4K miles. It's bean at the dealership for a week already because the transmission broke (3-5-R wave plate shattered), fan squeal, front end clunk, and the leather on the drivers side seat cushion is loose. It's a shame because I like the vehicle, but Ford's build quality has left a lot to be desired. Hopefully it all gets fixed and I don't have any more issues.

Explorer fan issues

I have a 2016 explorer xlt with exactly the same problems you shut the engine off and the fan starts making that horrible noise I've been to my dealer twice and the second time they said there's nothing they can do until Ford solve the problem
I used to own a 2013 explorer xlt and that went to Ford 7 times because in the winter it wouldn't start and after 7 times they still couldn't fix it so I trade it in for this 2016 model and now I've got this fan issue I will not be buying any more explorers or fords for that matter I've been patient enough with 9 visits in two years with two cars I'm sorry but you can forget FORD !!!!!!

First time I've read this thread, ouch. It seems as though the 2016's are not exempt from sub par build quality that the other Explorers from this generation have.

They did verify the noise, but I told them not to swap it because they would use the original part number and mine is getting better. The two part numbers going around on here are not for old and new design, they are for turbo and non-turbo.

I was also told that there are no service bulletins for this issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only 3.5K miles on my 16 sport and when i shut it off. 1st its the hair dryer noise, which is normal and then at the end when the fan starts to slow down I can start to hear a squeaking fan noise.

Back