New led turn bulbs now fast flash (hyper flash) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New led turn bulbs now fast flash (hyper flash)

I have had my led turn signals with resistors in for over two years and a week ago my left side hyper flashes about half the time. most of the time it will start with a normal flash then switch to hyper. All the lights appear to have the same brightness and the 4 way does not hyper flash. Can a resistor slowly fall but still let current flow when it is h/f ing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had my led turn signals with resistors in for over two years and a week ago my left side hyper flashes about half the time. most of the time it will start with a normal flash then switch to hyper. All the lights appear to have the same brightness and the 4 way does not hyper flash. Can a resistor slowly fall but still let current flow when it is h/f ing?
Yes, resistance can change under some conditions. See What Causes Failure? in this article; http://www.edn.com/design/components-and-packaging/4321070/Five-questions-about-resistors

Peter

Hey guys I just replaced my stock flashers on my explorer with LED flashers and I am getting hyper blinking. I was wondering if anyone knew where the Flasher Relay is on the explorer I can't find anything about it anywhere! Please help!

Hey guys I just replaced my stock flashers on my explorer with LED flashers and I am getting hyper blinking. I was wondering if anyone knew where the Flasher Relay is on the explorer I can't find anything about it anywhere! Please help!

There isn't one. Its FET technology built into the BCM.

There isn't one. Its FET technology built into the BCM.
Danm well thanks I guess I am stuck just listening to the hyper blink lol haha. From what I have been reading it doesn't cause any dmg to anything just leaving it like that. Any words of wisdom on that?

-Ryan

Danm well thanks I guess I am stuck just listening to the hyper blink lol haha. From what I have been reading it doesn't cause any dmg to anything just leaving it like that. Any words of wisdom on that?

-Ryan
Welcome to the Forum Ryan.:wave:
As indicated, your thread has been merged with this one found using the Forum's handy "Search" program. There are a few others as well.

Peter

You can now add LED front and rear turn signals without resistors on the 16+. It will require programming via IDS/Forscan. I will provide the details for free to those that have the programming equipment to do so.

^ For what it's worth--tested Jason's fixes on my car tonight, seem fine. My LED's up front no longer suffer from internal hyperflash, and when the rear bulbs come I expect the same "fix" to be effective.

nice, if I only had the scan tool :)

You can now add LED front and rear turn signals without resistors on the 16+. It will require programming via IDS/Forscan. I will provide the details for free to those that have the programming equipment to do so.
Is this something a dealer could do or be willing to do?

You won't get hyperflash if you get a higher wattage LED bulb. I have 9 watt rears and 9 watt fronts and no hyperflash, whether lights are on or not. The stupid rear cargo light on the other hand, has a mind of it's own...

Back