2014 Expolorer seat belt wear/cuts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Expolorer seat belt wear/cuts

Opera House

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer 3.5L base
I just bought a 2014 Expolorer. Three of the four seat belts have cuts from the edge 1/4 inch or more deep. Some with multiple cuts. Driver belt is ok, it may have been replaced. It is like the moveable snap in piece has a rough edge that wears through the belt. Anyone else seen this? No sign of it being in an accident. Any warranty on this safety item.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would think that if the Explorer is still under the 3 year, 36k mile warranty that it should be covered. The dealer will likely have to take pictures to send to Ford for approval. If the warranty has expired, I would think you are on your own unless the previous owner bought an extended warranty that is still in effect. The dealer should be able to check that.

Peter

If you're out of the 3/36, there is a separate 5/60 warranty on safety restraints, including seat belts.

If you're out of the 3/36, there is a separate 5/60 warranty on safety restraints, including seat belts.
So there is. Just checked the Warranty Guide. Learned something new today. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Peter

Looks like I am out of luck, got 74K on this. Got it at a dealer auction for $16.3K so I have money left for a few things.

Back