Correct part# for 2011 cooling fans?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Correct part# for 2011 cooling fans??

a98ws6

Reaction score
City, State
KCMO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Hello, getting the common cooling fan problem with my 2011 Ex Limited. Blows warm at idle. Cools fine on highway and gets hot at stop lights.
Problem I am having is conflicting part numbers. In finding BA8Z8C607C and BA8Z8C607E as well as rf273 and rf320. Some say with towing package which I don't have but I wouldn't think that matters? I don't know if one part # is old and the other is updated or not? If one is the junk ones that have the known problems, I don't want that. There is also a $100+ difference between the two.
I'll check the fans with a jumper wire to a battery to double check if they work but by reading this forum, I'm 95% sure it's the fans. Seems like a simple swap and I've read the $700+ price the dealer usually wants so that's not going to happen.
It hit 100 today in KC so I need to get this fixed ASAP!

Thanks for the help!

You say you have a 2011 but your profile say 2012? Unless you have 2, it has to be one or the other. I would think that vehicles with the factory tow package would have a different fan assembly to help with the cooling. I don't know which number is the correct one but there is a thread on the 2016 fans that show numbers somewhat similar. Don't know if that is because they are different or because they are newer.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/radiator-fan-bearing-noise-2016-models.438269/

Peter

You say you have a 2011 but your profile say 2012? Unless you have 2, it has to be one or the other. I would think that vehicles with the factory tow package would have a different fan assembly to help with the cooling. I don't know which number is the correct one but there is a thread on the 2016 fans that show numbers somewhat similar. Don't know if that is because they are different or because they are newer.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/radiator-fan-bearing-noise-2016-models.438269/

Peter
It is a 2011. Not sure why I typed in 2012 in the profile. I've seen that thread before but I don't know if the 2016 fans are the same or not either?
Thanks for the reply though.

Back