2014 Ford Explorer - locate ac evaporator drain tube | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Explorer - locate ac evaporator drain tube

Wrbeckett

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2014
I'm trying to locate and access the AC evaporator drain tube on 2014 Explorer V6. If anyone can provide guidance it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm trying to locate and access the AC evaporator drain tube on 2014 Explorer V6. If anyone can provide guidance it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Wrbeckett,

I recently went through the process of locating condensate drain on wife's 2013 XLT. Located it on driver's side firewall. Could not see it from above, but crawled under vehicle and found it on driver's side firewall sticking out of some silver insulation attached to firewall. A black tube about 1/2" diameter, sticking out about an inch. Happy hunting

crrobbins

Excellent descriptive
Happy Hunting as well

spent an hour under car looking for the evaporator drain tube with no luck. If anyone has a picture, diagram, or can point me in better direction it would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Have you tried running the A/C for a while and then checking to see where any water drains from?

Peter

Can someone help me with the location of ac drain line on 2017 explorer? I’ve looked under car for 30 mins with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Have you tried running the A/C to see where the water drains?

Peter

It’s not dripping anything under vehicle. The carpet on passenger side floor boards(front and rear) are really wet. I thought it could be because of a clogged drain line.

It’s not dripping anything under vehicle. The carpet on passenger side floor boards(front and rear) are really wet. I thought it could be because of a clogged drain line.
The most common cause for wet carpets in the floor wells is clogged moonroof drain tubes. In this case, it sounds like both the front and rear ones are clogged. I'm not saying this is the issue with yours but it could be something to consider. Moonroof Drain hoses c/w diagram

Peter

Back