Return of the Ranger and Bronco??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return of the Ranger and Bronco???

GOOSEBOY, in the US, Rangers and F150s are considered 1/2 ton trucks.
I don't know tonnes, so I googled the word and it says a tonne is 1000 kilograms, or 2204 lbs.
I know the Ranger doesn't carry 7714 lbs, so can you explain what you're talking about? I must be missing something.
What country are you in, btw, Australia? Thanks.
nah im a kiwi brew lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to MSN news they might just be bringing the Global Ranger over to the USA and some other SUV beginning with E could be a possibility for the Bronco (can;'t remember the global name) - I hope not. Not what I was looking forward to.

What I'd like to see is this either a 2door Bronco, or a single cab shortbed Ranger. I don't have kids, don't plan on having any (don't want em'), and would like to finally see a new compact SUV or Pickup out that has carrying capacity for a gig's worth of music gear for a outdoor festival playing lead guitarist and able to carry regular large sized household items without paying someone to deliver it - and that vehicle is just as capable or better than my 93 Explorer Sport in the snowy winter (this year, I'm the only guy who made it up the 45+ degree incline out of our complex, in a stock 300K+ 93' Sport with 2WD - even a 4X4 Ranger got stuck trying to go to work).

Basically the best thing they could do is release a bone stock, base model Ranger with a 4 cylinder and either some kind of reliable and economical automatic or a 5-speed, with just the base level comforts. Because all I need is a way to haul amp stacks and plywood and whatnot, and climb snowy hills in the winter. I'm surprised with all the hipster cred towards the old-school 2-door Bronco Ford would not try the same tact with that that they did the Mustang. Just about every thread I've seen everywhere on these two vehicles are full of people saying the same things I am. I know about CAFE, I think it's ridiculous form both ends. There is also a point that too much "cocooning" for safety becomes a safety hazard in and of itself, and I can vouch for that out of personal experience.

I HATE the visibility in our modern car, which is the same as pretty much every other modern car I've sat in, I'm always turning my head to look behind me or in a blind spot, on the X I can see all around me and feel much more aware and safer of what is going on in heavy traffic. Sure, the Corolla has better side impact protection but when your in your 25 year old SUV and can actually SEE what is next to it from the mirrors given without any add-ons, it makes it all the less likely you will ever actually NEED that side impact protection.

I cannot wait for the return of the Ranger. I have come close but stopped to replacing the Trac with the hope that I could stick with a similarly sized Blue Oval truck.

I am definitely interested in the new 2020 Bronco and can't wait to see what it will be. I've heard it will have solid axles and be a true trail worthy vehicle. http://www.bronco6g.com/

OMG that is great news!

if your excited about that you will be pleased to know they are developing a RAPTOR version. its a v6 :p shhhh

Back