• Register Today It's free!

Side mirror swap

austinskylar95

Reaction score
City, State
Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Ranger
Will 06' ranger mirrors swap onto 95-01 explorer? I have 06' mirrors on my 99' ranger, but wasn't sure wether or not the door mounts were the same.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not 100% sure if they are the same but I would LOVE to do this myself.
I may just order a set and see if they will fit.

So it looks like the mounting point is a little different on the two.
The top photo is an 06 Ranger Mirror and the bottom photo is a 95-97 Explorer Mirror.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It looks to me like an 06-10 Explorer mirror "May" work better.
Not a great photo but it's one of the better ones I could find.
image.jpeg

Really? I think they would look great on on EX just because their different then stock.
yea i dont remember what other years work. it was one of those things i looked into and never got around to. someone told me that 2011 ranger ones fit right on, not sure about the wiring. i may look back into this i feel there small on the ex.

actually now that i look the 2011 ranger mirror looks like the last one pictured up above so i would assume the 06-10 ex mirror would fit too.

so i revisited an old thread and apparently the new mirrors aren't a direct swap. one of the bolt holes is slightly off and will need to be moved a bit and re drilled. but other then that it sounds promising.

so i revisited an old thread and apparently the new mirrors aren't a direct swap. one of the bolt holes is slightly off and will need to be moved a bit and re drilled. but other then that it sounds promising.

Any idea how off they would be? Also, any idea on if they might fit a 01-05 sport trac?

If anyone has done this post a pic I've been curious of this too

Sorry guys. I have the mirror, just haven't had the time to get to trying this yet.
Been working on some major home remodeling and now the cold weather kicked in.
I just recently cleaned my garage up enough from the home projects to fit a vehicle in there with a couple of space heaters to work. I'll get to this soon and I'll post results and pictures up once done.

Back