Measure my 0-60 times 3bar 93 tune | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Measure my 0-60 times 3bar 93 tune

dentalpain

Reaction score
City, State
Chipley, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZcwKjpF83I

This is a video of my 2015 Ex Sport with a unleased SCT 93 3 bar tune. No other mods. I tried to trim the video to start right on launch, I may have gotten a little too close. Anyways I see about 5.7 in sand mode, not bad for a 5k lb vehicle. Let me know in the comments what you guys measure.

FYI, I was getting terrible times when I first tried to record this, like 7 or 8 sec. I was holding the brake, getting to 1.5k rpm or so then flooring it (sand or traction off). My ford guy told me to "only use one foot" that if the brake lights activate (slightest touch) the computer will kill the acceleration.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZcwKjpF83I

This is a video of my 2015 Ex Sport with a unleased SCT 93 3 bar tune. No other mods. I tried to trim the video to start right on launch, I may have gotten a little too close. Anyways I see about 5.7 in sand mode, not bad for a 5k lb vehicle. Let me know in the comments what you guys measure.

FYI, I was getting terrible times when I first tried to record this, like 7 or 8 sec. I was holding the brake, getting to 1.5k rpm or so then flooring it (sand or traction off). My ford guy told me to "only use one foot" that if the brake lights activate (slightest touch) the computer will kill the acceleration.
Hi Dentalpain, you might want to consider a performance measurement app such as DashCommand, etc. that uses your OBDII realtime data to provide your performance data. According to DashCommand, my best 0-60 time with the LMS V3 93perf tune is 5.94 sec (no mods other than the tune, normal drive mode, just going from brake to gas with my right foot, no power braking or other technique).

While there could possibly be variances between the times provided by different apps, visual timing, etc., at least the use of the same app on the same vehicle gives you an idea of the relative impact of mods.

Power braking to build boost can work to a point on the Sport, but it takes practice and you have to stay on the conservative side.

I have a bluetooth OBD2 and run torque. While power braking this setup (under 2k rpm) I was getting times of 6.8sec. I knew something was wrong but it felt slow. My guy at the dealer taught me that enough brake to engage the brake lights would cause the ECU to kill the acceleration (runaway). Sure enough the "fun returned." I have not tried torque again but who can lie when watching the speedo?

I have a bluetooth OBD2 and run torque. While power braking this setup (under 2k rpm) I was getting times of 6.8sec. I knew something was wrong but it felt slow. My guy at the dealer taught me that enough brake to engage the brake lights would cause the ECU to kill the acceleration (runaway). Sure enough the "fun returned." I have not tried torque again but who can lie when watching the speedo?
Yeah, a picture (or video) is worth a thousand words. I'm just not accurate or consistent enough to trust my visual timings. I want to run some more 0-60 timings in Sand mode and Normal mode to see if I can quantify the differences between the two. Sand mode feels quicker for sure.

I'm staying away from power braking also because of the potential for the ecu to intervene and to save wear and tear on the torque converter. I'm not interested in obtaining my 'ultimate' 0-60 time, just to more where my xsport is using non punishing (everyday) driving techniques and what relative improvements my mods make.

2015 best was sub 5.5

2016 looks to be around 5.5-5.8

Anyone else have launch videos to share?

I did 2.30 0-60 last week, i know it can do better.

I did 2.30 0-60 last week, i know it can do better.
2.3 seconds? The quickest suv in the world.

No, but seriously. I did 5.5 with a 3bar lms tune.

I ran a 9.31 1/8th with 2.1 60 ft time...with a baby seat in the back.

leVQmjN8JNZV2pYS7zaBj9Ofi
Lol, it was the first time I run it since the tune, my intention wasn't run it cause it had a full tank and two baby car seats on the back, but at the end of the night I did it anyways.

leVQmjN8JNZV2pYS7zaBj9Ofi
Lol, it was the first time I run it since the tune, my intention wasn't run it cause it had a full tank and two baby car seats on the back, but at the end of the night I did it anyways.

What tune was this? I ran 14.565 @ 94.59mph with a 2.194 60 ft bone stock. What altitude are you at? I am at sea level.

Dentalpain, what tune was your 1/8th mile run and what was your speed? My best bone stock was 9.373 @ 75.10mph with a 2.201 60 ft.

9.15et@77.81 with a 2.213 60ft. 2016 93oct sct unleashed 3 bar tune with a mdesign intake. Half tank of 93 at 150 above sea level. Wife's car, 4k miles, one run. I think the 16s are a hair slower than the 15s and prior.

9.15et@77.81 with a 2.213 60ft. 2016 93oct sct unleashed 3 bar tune with a mdesign intake. Half tank of 93 at 150 above sea level. Wife's car, 4k miles, one run. I think the 16s are a hair slower than the 15s and prior.
My wife's is a 16 also. It had 4k on it too when I raced. Crappy 91 Cali gas so it did pretty damn good for bone stock.

Back