Can a np205 with doubler fit with stock fuel tank? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can a np205 with doubler fit with stock fuel tank?

newstylecustoms

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
199 Explorer Sport
I think i know the answer to this already but thought i would ask anyway since i have no way to measure myself. Is it possible to fit a np205/doubler with a stock gas tank? Or maybe with a two-door tank? I have not yet located a 4406, but have found a 205 cheap but don't like the weight or gear ratio.

Thanks in advance.

Btw how do I edit the title of this thread?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought my manual 4406 off ebay and it works great, just an idea. Couldn't find a manual 4406 locally. Also, you can put an electric 4406 if you have a sport gas tank, and they are cheaper and much more available

Thanks for the link, I will check that out. Maybe they are easier to find than a thought. I only went to pick a part once and they didn't have any.

I run the 205 and love it but not sure on room for a doubler.

Thanks for the response. Do you have pictures of the mods to the tail housing on the M5od? I think we will be doing that combo in my brother in laws Bronco II.

Back