Ford needs to spice up the Explorer exterior color options | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford needs to spice up the Explorer exterior color options

That's the colour I'm thinking of getting in a Platinum with the light interior.
I'll be honest. When I see it on the 'build your Explorer' page at ford.com I don't like it at all, but when I Googled it to see an actual Explorer in the color it wasn't nearly as bad. It's not my cup of tea, but my opinion certainly changed after seeing it in 'real life' versus their program (the same could be said for Canyon Ridge. Looks hideous to me on the build an Explorer page, much prettier in person.)

The wife only wanted one color...black. So that is what we brought home. A Shadow Black 2017 Sport. In July. In Houston. And I get to detail it. I already have it polished with two coats of sealant and one coat of wax so far. The 99 degree temps are not helping. It got window tint today, so I should have sat in his shop and detailed it in the lights and a/c while he did the tint. Luckily the products I used were safe for sun or shade. My pop up tent helped, but it could't cover the whole thing.

I have to admit though, it does look pretty mean in black.

I'm working up the order for my 2017 Explorer Limited. Stuck on color choice (white gold, blue jeans, quartz) and engine (3.5 vs. 2.3eco). Went to the dealer and took pics I printed out so I could dwell on it a bit. Wanted the red but doesn't look deep enough for my preference. Any suggestions?

blue jeans......

Back