Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I have a 2016 Explorer and just received my cargo liner to fit with the 3rd row folded. Contacted Weather Tech about the fit not being as precise as they advertise. It's mainly around the 3rd row seat belt anchors. They should have done a better job. Also back left corner has a gap that is not on the right back corner. Maybe their laser measurements were off. Sent them pictures at their request and response was that was how they were suppose to fit. Oh well..should have checked out Husky.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Did you check out the OEM liner that Ford has?
Please add the 'trim' level (Base, XLT, etc) to your profile so it always shows in the margin. That could help in addressing some certain future concerns. Thanks.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did check out the Ford OEM liner. Seemed thin and flimsy.
I have the Platinum model but took the emblems off the tailgate.
Will edit my info.

I did check out the Ford OEM liner. Seemed thin and flimsy.
I read other posts about that as well. I have the OEM liner for the MKT which I assume is sort of the same except for the logo and size but it is easier to handle than the Husky liner I had in the Ex.

Peter

When we bought my wife's 16 sport we got the factory all weathers thrown in. They were horrible. The first good snow had water/slush/snow outside the mat quickly. Upgraded to WeatherTechs and couldn't be happier.

Want a set of OEMs? Pay shipping from 80134

When we bought my wife's 16 sport we got the factory all weathers thrown in. They were horrible. The first good snow had water/slush/snow outside the mat quickly. Upgraded to WeatherTechs and couldn't be happier.

I don't know if anyone with true Winter weather has been happy with the OEM all weather mats. You can't go wrong with either WeatherTech or Husky although the Husky liners have better/more coverage of the carpeted areas.

Peter

The Husky front liners that I purchased for 2 2016 Explorers, were out of shape when they came out of the boxes, and they never fit properly. Sent pictures to the company, and the response was "that is how they fit". On one mat, the locking plastic plug was broken, and they wouldn't even send me a replacement. The company has a horrible way of dealing with problems with their products, and I would strongly suggest to anyone that is considering purchasing the Husky liners, not to. The rest of the fleet got Weathertec liners, and the quality is far superior to the Husky liners.

The Husky front liners that I purchased for 2 2016 Explorers, were out of shape when they came out of the boxes, and they never fit properly. Sent pictures to the company, and the response was "that is how they fit". On one mat, the locking plastic plug was broken, and they wouldn't even send me a replacement. The company has a horrible way of dealing with problems with their products, and I would strongly suggest to anyone that is considering purchasing the Husky liners, not to. The rest of the fleet got Weathertec liners, and the quality is far superior to the Husky liners.

I have the same problem as you have. I like the coverage of the Husky Liners, but the fit is not that great on the passenger side. The plastic locking plug on the driver's side broke first time I removed them. Gorilla Super Glue fixed that.

I had the WeatherTech mats in my '14 and they are much better quality. But the '14 mat won't fit the '16 Driver's side.

Buy the WeatherTech mats!

I have had both mats and candidly... the OEM mats are OK for rainy weather but not much snow or water.. Wtech - do not keep the ugly feet, snow and water in the mat. The Husky yep came deformed but they flattened out and really did a super job. I had one issue the customer service was SUPER.. Infact when I had my WT mats in one of the logo badges came off I contacted WT and they blew me off.. Husky for 1st and 2cnd row... Ford cargo mat for rear.

I'd be interested in your OEM all-weather mats. I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

Thought everyone might want to see some pics of the new 2017 "Deep Dish" OEM floor mats. While they are an improvement over the current "All Weather" OEM offering they still don't cover enough carpet IMHO. The critical door sill/heel scuff area that takes a beating should be covered and it's not. If these are final production I will stay with Husky. The embossed Explorer logo is nice though.

Explorer%20Mat%201.jpg

Explorer%20Mat%202.jpg

Hello,

I'm looking for nice floor mats for my 2016 Explorer XLT.. I saw the weather tech one for front and back seat for 151$ Canadian. Anyone have experience with this brand or have them installed? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Both WeatherTech and Husky are superior to Ford's all weather mats. Living in Canada, I would suggest that you check out the Husky liners if you want optimum coverage.
The Husky liners cover the carpeted area right over to the door sill whereas the WeatherTechs do not seem to leave that area exposed. You can see the differences in the following thread, posts 124 and 125; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/weathertech-digital-floor-liners.307760/

Peter

Ordered floor liners for my 2017 X from weather tech..... They only had the second and third row liners, so I called them..... They said they measured the 2017 explorer and found a small change in the 2016 to the 2017 so they are going to make new mats for the 2017. They will not be available till Sept. I went ahead and got the 2nd and 3rd row they will email me when the first row is available and I get free shipping for the wait..... Just a FYI if you order from a retailer and they say the 2016 will fit.

Anyone used this product?

http://motoringguard.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=7

I know I could use tarps and/or blankets but since I carry scuba gear, and also carry miscellaneous loads, I'm interested in this high-sided liner to protect the vehicle interior.
There's a similar, more rigid product made by US Trunk Liners (http://www.trunk-liners.com/) but it's not so convenient and I don't have dogs to worry about.

I already have the weathertech cargo liner for behind the 2nd row seats. It works well. The product from motoringguard can be folded up and stowed until required.

I emailed them about fit since they advertise it for up to 2015 Explorers and I have a 2016 Limited. They said they hadn't checked the 2016 yet.

Thanks for any info.

I have a set from Husky and loved them but the fronts are for the 11-15 fronts (from my 13 I no longer have) and they do not fit the fronts of the 16+ (driver side especially) and willing to part with them and were used for about 6 months or so....
I am keeping the rear (2nd row) one as that fits fine. I also have the Ford one for the floor (well) behind the 3rd row when raised (also no longer needed) - PM if you are interested.

I just received the front, 2nd and 3rd row liners from WT. Good fit. Buckled a little around the edges so hoping those will flat out in a few days under the sun.
I did get the Ford cargo area mat (behind the 3rd row area when the seats are up). It nice as it says "Explorer" on it.
I also got the Ford cargo area liner (when the 3rd row is stowed).
I'm sure the WT's are of better quality.
But since I had a 20% coupon from my local Ford Parts dept... i figured might as well give the OEM ones a try at a discount and if they fail.. i can always order the WT's later.
The OEM's fit pretty good and has a nice look especially being branded with "explorer". A couple of days in the sun flattened out the cargo liner well and has a good fit.

I did get the Ford cargo area mat (behind the 3rd row area when the seats are up). It nice as it says "Explorer" on it.

This may be a dumb question, but do you need to remove the Cargo area mat when you change the seats to stowed (flat)?

I would think the seats stow nicely over this but it looks like such i tight fit that I'd like to confirm before ordering.

Im referring to Ford Part BB5Z-6111600-BB
https://accessories.ford.com/catalo...17/s/liner-luggage-compartment/category/3044/

Thanks

2017 Plat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back