• Register Today It's free!

Call me crazy, but I need help!

removed

Reaction score
City, State
Central, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Utility PI
I bought this 2016 Explorer last week and got the front windows tinted to match the back. The stock tint looks more clear/blue than the tint I just had put on the front. The front looks more like a dark charcoal. Any recommendations on getting tint to match the back windows? I'll try to post photos, but I don't know if the camera shows the big difference in colors. It's driving me crazy every time I look back! Am I just being too picky? Thanks in advance.

By the way, this is my first Ford. Got a crazy good deal (at least I think so)! Not sure how to add photos - hope the link works for you guys.

http://imgur.com/a/gHJCX

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty normal. Get a light tint put on the back windows.

I have a 2016 as well. I took mine to my tint shop and they were able to match it exactly.

I bought this 2016 Explorer last week and got the front windows tinted to match the back. The stock tint looks more clear/blue than the tint I just had put on the front. The front looks more like a dark charcoal. Any recommendations on getting tint to match the back windows? I'll try to post photos, but I don't know if the camera shows the big difference in colors. It's driving me crazy every time I look back! Am I just being too picky? Thanks in advance.

By the way, this is my first Ford. Got a crazy good deal (at least I think so)! Not sure how to add photos - hope the link works for you guys.

http://imgur.com/a/gHJCX
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As long as they match the back you should be okay. Both front and rear side must allow more than 35% light in according to your state law. As far as colour matching I'm not sure about that.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As long as they match the back you should be okay. Both front and rear side must allow more than 35% light in according to your state law. As far as colour matching I'm not sure about that.

Peter

I did put on 20% to match the back privacy tint. I understand the risk though. My last car I had 20% around and the cops in my city never messed with me.

I believe it is 3M 20%. I would think any good tint shop could match it for you. I had a 2015 before these guys did that one perfect too.

I believe it is 3M 20%. I would think any good tint shop could match it for you. I had a 2015 before these guys did that one perfect too.

Okay, I'll have to check if anybody can match it better. The % is right, it's really well. Just when you are inside the vehicle there is a huge difference in color.

Back