• Register Today It's free!

Rancho Quicklift Loaded Review

CodyN1991

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Eddie Bauer
I usually don't post on here but I just put a set of the Ranch QL struts on the girl. If anyone hates who their explorer dips down in the front (front of car sits lower than the rear), I would absolutely recommend these struts. I had 100K on the factory ones and the difference is night and day. Really wish I took a before and after picture to post. Anyways, for anyone who's on the fence about these struts, I would definitely look into them. -Nick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the info. Got any pics of them installed?

Yea ill put some pictures up when I get a chance and give her a bath...These struts are awesome

I totally agree and if you accompanied the Rancho with strut spacers like turxxx or BTF-Fab you will love them even more

I don that and the results are amazing, more ground clearance, more flexing, more control

here you can see the strut spacers on the top of the rancho
5781894850_5501c66a57_b.jpg

and here are the Rancho
5796867885_beebcc5b29_b.jpg

5735006564_38245eb3b4_b.jpg

The angle of that ball joint :eek: Aren't you afraid of some of those steep angles on that suspension?

I dont mean to pick apart your lift and stuff as I do like the set-up you have. :thumbsup:

The angle of that ball joint :eek: Aren't you afraid of some of those steep angles on that suspension?

I dont mean to pick apart your lift and stuff as I do like the set-up you have. :thumbsup:

Those photos were taken when the truck was lifted in a workshop and the tires were fully dropped down (worst case scenario).

I actually I'm happy with them and there is no rubbing form the rear axle shaft with the frame and there is no sound form the CV's

this give me as I said before more flexing

5844599923_02464b6509_b.jpg

5844598447_11b77e9617_b.jpg

5845146996_1544087caf_b.jpg

5844595305_69cdf3ffe2_b.jpg

I'll post a few pictures up next week of what the 02-05's look like with the struts. Hasn't been a nice day to take any pictures yet.

My buddy (also a tech FWIW) is running the loaded quicklifts all around and absolutely loves them. He also has a BL, so its a bit higher than just having the ranchos on there :D

180062_10100331091456949_8808673_60130459_742386_n.jpg

I am interested in the Rancho QL's but the complete assembly ones. Are yours the complete assembly or did you use stock springs with Rancho struts? And which strut spacer did you go with and what was the total inches raised by the Rancho's and your spacers. Ride quality is also a big concern of mine, I want a comfortable ride - better than stock if possible.

just put the rancho on both front and back and yes they are complete set pain in the a$$$ installing them but worth the money i did this about a month ago and then add the bigger mud tires my x still need the spacers and upper control arms add but that going to have to wait until i get some extra cash

20160820_115056.jpg

You can get either the struts alone or with the springs. I got the ones with the springs, but they will settle a little over time, not a drastic amount though.

You can get either the struts alone or with the springs. I got the ones with the springs, but they will settle a little over time, not a drastic amount though.

Hey can you please take a picture so i can get a good sense of the ride height? The angle from the picture it's hard to tell. Also, what is the ride quality like? For $800 is it that much more worth getting monroe's and stock springs then doing spacers? I'm trying to get an idea of what money I will have to spend to be happy with a slight lift but improved ride quality.

the first pic is before the Rancho high lift the 2nd pic is after i add the Rancho hight lifts with mudd claws 265/75/R16 with the same rins

20150918_172408.jpg

20160829_135241.jpg

This is my before height:

62166_10151386955539221_710043040_n.jpg

This is after:

13925267_10154089071219221_5493291689418701735_n.jpg

I have had them in for 2 years so they have had time to settle as much as they are going to. The ride is a little rougher, but you can adjust the dampening with the knobs on the Racho's. I have 245/75/16 tires so I have a little more room in my wheel arch, but after winter when I get new tires I am going to go with a 265/75/16.

I say if you are wanting to save money, go with the stock replacements and get a spacer lift. Some states do not allow spacer lifts to pass inspection so be careful. You also want to keep in mind your ball joints when lifting these. If you go more than the spacers OR the quicklifts, you need to get the BFT extended control arms so you ball joints are in a more normal position and not so stressed.

Compared to stock with a spacer, how much extra travel do you get with these? I'm considering them if it's an extreme difference but I would need to go with shorter spacers to keep the total lift height the same. I'm currently almost finished with completely replacing my entire suspension and steering components and only the shocks are left!

i don't have the spaces yet i installed the quick lifts and i got about a 4 in different with the quick lift and 265/75/R16 tires i still get a little rub the 1st picture is before the quick lifts and the 2nd picture is with the quick lifts and tires i need to save a couple of bucks but i think brain is still making them and have them in stock i think he want 250.0 for the spacers and 500.00 for the upper control arms which need to be replaced if you go up more and 2 in in front and 1.25 in the rear the quick lifts give you the 2 in in the front and then 1.25 in the rear all ready i want to go a little higher let me know what you think about my rig

20150918_172408.jpg

20160829_135241.jpg

Looks pretty clean! I have the max lift you can do with spacers at the moment which is 3" in the front with a 2.5" spacer. If you do go with spacers Don't go bigger than 1.25-1.5" in the front since you have the quicklifts and definitely save up to get the BTF control arms at the same time. I was going through UCAs on a monthly basis before I switched. :banghead:

Looks good.

Back