Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2

We need Arial photograghs, maps, gps and Military coordinates for those of us who haven't been to this new Area 51 base camp :)
QFT.

Map and/or GPS would be nice if anyone has them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HI guys, haven't been on the forums much lately. Just working and taking care of stuff at home.
I plan on going to TH and hopefully the expo too. I need to get a new hose from powertank.

You must have an old number of mine Steve I'll pm you my current one.

Cool your alive :thumbsup:

Guess I better call search and rescue back:rolleyes:

Add me to the IN list for the day on Saturday. Looking forward to putting faces to names and meeting you all.

Dang. Looks like I'm going to miss all 3. I will be wheelin somewhere in spirit. Can't wait to see the pics.

hmm.. wonder how much interest there would be for an east coast ride.

@DB_1 Hey! Where is Dave? :dunno: Also noticed he has not logged in almost 3 months. Anybody here from him lately?

Also any one going to the off-road expo in October?

I haven't heard from him posting but check with Colin. Last time I heard anything he couldn't make a trip as he was working in OC and it's not like him to not be checking in for a while.

You know I will be at the Off Road Expo :)

I haven't heard from him posting but check with Colin. Last time I heard anything he couldn't make a trip as he was working in OC and it's not like him to not be checking in for a while.

You know I will be at the Off Road Expo :)
Pay attention Ted. He posted above. :nono:

The new mesa spot is much nicer for us since its isolated from the main camping areas. Mostly, because the way up on the mesa doesn't look like a RV could make it. To get there, Highway 86. Take the next exit north of Marina Drive, turning west (33°18'25.29"N, 115°59'8.13"W). Road turns to dirt almost immediately. Follow that road westerly, then it makes a sharp right north (33°18'17.60"N, 115°59'22.00"W), then curves towards the mesa to your west. Continue towards the tip of the mesa and you will see a road heading up (33°18'14.01"N,116° 0'2.91"W) . Go up, then straight back to where we will be parked (33°18'8.03"N, 116° 0'17.18"W).
Plenty of space for several RV's and tents.
First screen shot is of the turn off of Highway 86. You can see Marina Drive near the bottom of the shot.
Screenshot (2).png

Second shot is turnoff and location of the road to the top of the mesa.
Screenshot (3).png

Last pic is of the mesa itself.
Screenshot (4).png

Well that looks like a fun place to find in the dark:rolleyes:

Good thing my RV is 4wd should I take a wrong turn.:burnout:

Looking at those airial shots instantly made me think of someone who use to come buzz us when we were out there. :(..:salute:

I'm wondering if that is the route we would take from the old bluff site heading over to the calcite mine. Sounds like where the road turns up to the bluff is the fork road area coming down from the old bluff site.

Calcite mine is located at the other side of Truckhaven in the State Park. This mesa is about 1/2 a mile off S-86. I agree, you must be getting old....
If someone is having trouble, we can come and meet you near the highway. I am planning on getting out there Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

Coming in Friday Afternoon/Evening.

I guess I better get JP fixed however :confused2::jp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree, you must be getting old....
If someone is having trouble, we can come and meet you near the highway.

The only Old People I know are Retired..:p: :mattmoon: :D

Back