2017 ordering | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 ordering

I had a feeling there was a hold on that vehicle. Damn, sorry to hear it.

I am putting my money on the throttle body. I am seeing way too many issues with the NA 3.5L'sTB via NHTSA. So far I have yet to see any 2.3Ls there fail, but I'm combing the VINs a bit tonight.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well..... You can buy a round for the house with all those rebates........

Haha, it's the only thing keeping a poor attitude in check...:eek:

I had a feeling there was a hold on that vehicle. Damn, sorry to hear it.

I am putting my money on the throttle body. I am seeing way too many issues with the NA 3.5L'sTB via NHTSA. So far I have yet to see any 2.3Ls there fail, but I'm combing the VINs a bit tonight.

Well, I have to admit I'm getting a little frustrated. Not because I don't have the vehicle, but rather because I ordered it to fit into my schedule with a huge window the size of "summer"..A window that it missed. I placed the order back in April thinking delivery times wouldn't be an issue.
As some know, the vehicle is being delivered to Florida, and my summer commitments are easy to work around. This fall, I have a million things going on, and this really screws me over. But..it's no ones fault and crap happens. We will simply let the chips fall and deal with it.

The dealer can probably search the SE region for an Explorer that meets your specifications... there should be enough 17s out there now to get what you need. Might be worth a shot.

I get your frustration, believe me... I would have screamed over far less of a delay. I am lucky mine got out as it did.

That thought went thru my head as well...
The dealership it's being drop shipped to has a few Explorers on their lot that I would take.
But the reason they are cutting me the -3k was to cover the order screw up.
I'd rather have the better deal.

I can't imagine having waited so long. I just placed my order for a 2017 Platinum on Sunday and already I'm getting ancy like a kid waiting for Christmas. I don't know how long it takes, but until I even get confirmation back, I'm going to be nervous. Any idea how long before I get a VIN and can start tracking the status online?

I can't imagine having waited so long. I just placed my order for a 2017 Platinum on Sunday and already I'm getting ancy like a kid waiting for Christmas. I don't know how long it takes, but until I even get confirmation back, I'm going to be nervous. Any idea how long before I get a VIN and can start tracking the status online?
Check out the following link; http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/the-ford-order-build-deliver-timeline.427409/
Not sure if all the answers are there. I don't believe it is really possible to check status online. FordService reps can provide info for you and there is another way that may be mentioned in the thread that I linked.

Peter

Check out the following link; http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/the-ford-order-build-deliver-timeline.427409/
Not sure if all the answers are there. I don't believe it is really possible to check status online. FordService reps can provide info for you and there is another way that may be mentioned in the thread that I linked.

Peter
Congrats on your new car!

I ordered mine on August 12, Processing completed on sep 13th, out of production on Sep 23rd, and currently awaiting shipment. Current estimated delivery date is Oct 6th.

Please note that I am in Ontario so it might be different for you.

I ordered mine on August 12, Processing completed on sep 13th, out of production on Sep 23rd, and currently awaiting shipment. Current estimated delivery date is Oct 6th.

Wow, so you didn't get a confirmation or VIN for an entire month?!?!?! I'm going to go insane!

Wow, so you didn't get a confirmation or VIN for an entire month?!?!?! I'm going to go insane!

LOL....I got the VIN within a week, but the car did not go into production until a month after.

Well, I pulled the plug. Since ordering, my wife and I got the itch for a new boat. So a 17' Cobalt R5 is on order.

Everything with this deal went wrong. EVERYTHING. So why fight it when the signs are there.
Since this car wasn't intended to be a primary vehicle, I'll just buy something
off the lot down in Florida.

This is the first time ever that I had an order issue with Ford. God help the person who actually needed a lease vehicle replaced..

This is the first time ever that I had an order issue with Ford. God help the person who actually needed a lease vehicle replaced..
That shouldn't be a problem. My current lease is up on April 1st. As long as I have an order in place for a new vehicle, I can extend the current lease until the new vehicle arrives.

Peter

Which costs you, not them, more money. And I think there is a "max" to that. Tuscany's vehicle was well beyond a rational point for delivery.

Well, I have to admit I'm getting a little frustrated. Not because I don't have the vehicle, but rather because I ordered it to fit into my schedule with a huge window the size of "summer"..A window that it missed. I placed the order back in April thinking delivery times wouldn't be an issue.
As some know, the vehicle is being delivered to Florida, and my summer commitments are easy to work around. This fall, I have a million things going on, and this really screws me over. But..it's no ones fault and crap happens. We will simply let the chips fall and deal with it.

Something aint right here....How well do you trust the dealer?

I ask because I speak to people at CAP every few weeks, more now that my 17 Sport was built and I asked about holds and delays. I specifically brought up your scenario of timeline and the response I got was "Can't happen, system won't allow that length of delay"

Is there a possibility they actually never submitted the order or did a dealer trade and ordered another one later?

If something happened where the vehicle was damaged beyond delivery at CAP they would inform the dealer immediately and dealer would have to reorder.

Well trusted.
Franchise kept an eye on it. It was built, and then stored at the plant on quality hold for almost 6 weeks.
It's probably on its way now, or at the dealer in Florida, but too little to late. I'm over it.
Patience gone, and like I said above, new boat time.
I'm sure I'll swing a similar deal down there, but this time, it'll be off the lot.

Which costs you, not them, more money. And I think there is a "max" to that. Tuscany's vehicle was well beyond a rational point for delivery.
The only cost will be the continued payments that I'm currently making so that's no issue since I'd be making payments on the new vehicle anyway. No cost for processing the extension. The normal extension is 2 months but can be extended if the vehicle order in the system is delayed. In other words the extension ends when the new vehicle arrives. Confirmed this with Ford Credit.

Peter

Bartender..................

The only cost will be the continued payments that I'm currently making so that's no issue since I'd be making payments on the new vehicle anyway. No cost for processing the extension. The normal extension is 2 months but can be extended if the vehicle order in the system is delayed. In other words the extension ends when the new vehicle arrives. Confirmed this with Ford Credit.

Peter

Point is, you're applying your own funds to a lease because FMC couldn't get a vehicle to you in the appropriate window (assuming you left enough time for the vehicle to arrive.) The money you're blowing on the old lease should be going onto the new lease/buy. That's money you're not getting back, and money that's not even going to the enjoyment of a new vehicle.

Point is, you're applying your own funds to a lease because FMC couldn't get a vehicle to you in the appropriate window (assuming you left enough time for the vehicle to arrive.) The money you're blowing on the old lease should be going onto the new lease/buy. That's money you're not getting back, and money that's not even going to the enjoyment of a new vehicle.
I know what you're saying but I've chosen to leave it to the last minute to order a new vehicle in hopes that perhaps I can order a 2018. Since I'll be making payments anyway, it doesn't matter to me which vehicle they are on. In fact, the current payments are likely lower than what the new ones will be.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just an update on my order...

So my car was supposed to be delivered on the week of Oct 3rd. Cotusb was showing a delivery date of Oct 6th. Ford rep on this forum also previously confirmed that I should be getting my car on Oct 6th.

Today is OCT 10th and I still haven't received my car. The dealer has no idea what's going on. Cotusb has now removed the delivery date and has nothing instead. The ford rep on this forum is saying that my car is still in production and not sure why the delay.

In my last visit to my ford dealer, I decided to visit the GMC dealer next door to my Ford dealer to test drive the newly redesigned Acadia. Man I love this car. I worked out a very good deal for the SLT2. Part of me is now hoping that the EX would not be here in 90 days so I can cancel my EX order without losing my deposit and get the new Acadia instead. My 90 days ends on Nov 2nd.

Back