Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 43 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tough to line up, the inner fender limits the placement if you want to have it line up with the door somewhat.
but it came up alright!

do u have any pictures from under the hood ? i want to do this some time soon.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Under the hood for mine you can't see anything. My air tube comes in from the fender.

It's between the fender and the engine bay and above the wheel well liner that you probably want to see.
so it connects to the existing input hole in the air box ? do u have to take off the fender to get it bolted up or can u do it with it on ?

Nah, i blocked up the standard intake hole on the airbox (its at the front)
made a new old in the side and attached some pipe and sealed it all up.

I didnt remove the fender, but it took a little bit of trial and error getting it all up in there, its very tight between the fender and the inner fender/engine bay so theres not much room to move.

the tyres are 33 12.5 15's
Wheels are 15x8 with 3.75" backspace.

so it connects to the existing input hole in the air box ? do u have to take off the fender to get it bolted up or can u do it with it on ?
Mine connects through the side. Removing the fender is actually pretty easy. There's one fastener behind the turn signal, but the rest are pretty obvious.

1BE09A23-CFAE-4F8E-BA69-2499514CFC74.jpg

3EE6022D-B9EF-4378-A3B8-FCE9B8D2F48E.jpg

thanku very much for showing me pictures.:bounce: also, did u have to fabricate something to connect the airbox to the snorkel where u cut the hole ?

Mine connects through the side. Removing the fender is actually pretty easy. There's one fastener behind the turn signal, but the rest are pretty obvious.

1BE09A23-CFAE-4F8E-BA69-2499514CFC74.jpg

3EE6022D-B9EF-4378-A3B8-FCE9B8D2F48E.jpg

what PA body lift kit # is being used for the 98-2001 Explorer? I used the blocks that was with a 98 Ranger bed & extended cab I bought several years ago, The cab also had the steering column extension, but both front & rear bumpers were already sold. so I don't have the bumper relocation brackets. I need to come up with a parts list #s for the brackets to order from Performance Accessories or find some parting out a Ranger or Explorer with the needed brackets or make something up myself

so ive only had my mounty for about 3 months now and i absolutely love it. so far i only have the TT and shackles, still have to put my helper springs on which should bring the rear up maybe another 1/2"-1" (wheels and bull bar courtesy of the previous owner ;)), but before winter hits i will be getting some 31x10.5 tires.
20161006_124258_zpsobsmrvuu.jpg
20161007_172917_zpsmsdl6u32.jpg
20160629_195046_zpsvqoxljyz.jpg
20160805_133319_zpssr1qty6w.jpg

I really like those bumpers!

My 97 explorer xlt, 4" Superlift, Yukon upgraded axle shafts in the rear, WFO diff cover, new leaf shackles, no anti-sway bar, 4.10 gears front and back, HD inner and outer tie rods, new upper and lower control arms, HD bushings and ball joints (with zircs), limiting straps, stainless Superlift skid plate, Superlift superride shocks (new better shocks soon), painted calipers and drilled/slotted rotors on all fours, Superlift double cardan front drive shaft, HD Spicer u-joints on both drive shafts, new front wheel hubs, upgraded tranny (Roadripper 2000 from Certified Transmission), brand new transfer case, brand new 4.0 sohc engine from S&J Engines, K&N filter, always use Mobil 1 fluids everywhere, new radiator, Accel coil pack, dual exhaust (although it's in bad shape...new Gibson stainless steel exhaust ordered), 32-11.50-15 Cooper SST Pro tires on 15x8 Ion rims, custom grill, clear headlights and turn signals, LED's in rear lights (working my way on converting all bulbs to led), Alpine deck and speakers, JL Audio amp and subs, and most other parts (switches, handles, sensors, etc...) have been replaced. She's my baby and still a work in progress. Planning on aftermarket bumpers with winch and tire carrier, safari rack, off-road lighting, lockers, and who knows what else, LOL!!!

Edit: just put on Gibson stainless cat back exhaust and K&N cold air intake. :bounce:

A shout out to everyone on here for their rigs, tips, ideas, and how-to's.

IMG_0631.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

The clean black wheels against the mud covered tires looks sweet! nice truck!

****in BEAUTIFUL man, real use of the rig, nice sceenscape and sploder pic!!

Just a torsion twist and some shackles for now. The future holds more but gathering parts. It will need some good amount of trimming to work the way I want. Those are 36x13.50x 17.

1F3484F8-5D1A-45DA-A777-3B3F37AA3A4D.jpeg

Back