What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Today was dyno day for my Ex...so, I did that. :thumbsup:

washington-d-c-gas-station-1924-photo-u1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can't make a post like this and not state your results :p

That's reserved for a stand alone thread which is in this particular forum. 'Dyno day for my Ex'. :D

New member here. Recently Acquired a low mileage 13 and started playing with it. Just finished up installing EVOX-R projectors, and hids, blacked out the amber reflectors and chrome ring by the projector. Also added LED tube switchbacks to the headlights.

19_110631_91629108e5248afa2ae053a20e442d2e7c0f1924.jpg

10602_005_bb04212ae43af1af30405f3f6b991d4b947aaec1.jpg

19_110202_9245a90893c6cf0eb85278a043fbf3545d47af7b.jpg

Pic of the blinkers in action

10602_000_ddd07244c2f2fc5af15076526a26c039306e9b2b.jpg

Amazing.

Where did you get the LED tube switchbacks?

Sounds like you want driving lights, not fogs.;) Fog lights don't produce a great amount of light for a reason.

Peter
Actually i DO want the "Ford Fusion Fog" lights. I want them for added width for lighting especially with the large amount of country road driving i do (and for fog/snow purposes which they work very well for being mounted and aimed low. Fogs can be bright if not aimed high and not direct/intense beam like high beams). I have a set on my Acura modified like this and are great in fog and snow, especially with 3k hid bulbs in them).

added the sport letters to the hood today and installed a set of weathertechs. i need fog lights. anyone have any recommendations for aftermarkets that will fit in the oem bumper
0CF4DAAC-C05C-4F38-802E-CEB291BE9AC3_zpsydosxbke.jpg

those look nice. did you have fogs before? I'm trying to figure out how to wire them into a stock fog switch
Yes the plug right in you have to take out the whole housing and replace with new one. Wiring plugs right in.

Painted my front and rear skid plates (used peel paint incase it didn't work for me). Similar to the '16/'17 ex. and Range Rovers. It breaks up the black.
20160924_1120491_zps9ypfzo38.jpg

20160924_112254_zpsknjjwwyq.jpg

I just bought mine :)

I bought my 2017 Explorer Limited last Saturday. So far I have tinted the front windows with 20%, windshield brow with 5%, and added 35% on top of the factory tint on all the rear windows and hatch. I bought a console shelf from Amazon that gives me divide the console vertically. I also bought Maxliner USA all weather floor mats. The fit is pretty good but they are a thin plastic material and I was hoping for more of a rubber mat like what I had in my 2013 F150 Fx4. I think I am going to return them and get the Husky WeatherBeater liners. I also picked up some kick mats that hang on the back of the seat to keep my 2 year old's feet off the back of the seats.

On my to do list:
High Beam LED upgrade
Removing all exterior chrome trim and having it painted to match.
Aftermarket black rims
Custom blacked out headlight housings (I am looking for a 2nd set of headlights if anyone has some)
Tinted tail lights
Possibly a new aftermarket grill or going to have the stock one painted
Also looking into a laser jammer as I picked up my first speeding ticket in the new Ex yesterday.

I bought my 2017 Explorer Limited last Saturday. So far I have tinted the front windows with 20%, windshield brow with 5%, and added 35% on top of the factory tint on all the rear windows and hatch. I bought a console shelf from Amazon that gives me divide the console vertically. I also bought Maxliner USA all weather floor mats. The fit is pretty good but they are a thin plastic material and I was hoping for more of a rubber mat like what I had in my 2013 F150 Fx4. I think I am going to return them and get the Husky WeatherBeater liners. I also picked up some kick mats that hang on the back of the seat to keep my 2 year old's feet off the back of the seats.

On my to do list:
High Beam LED upgrade
Aftermarket black rims
Custom blacked out headlight housings (I am looking for a 2nd set of headlights if anyone has some)
Tinted tail lights
Also looking into a laser jammer as I picked up my first speeding ticket in the new Ex yesterday.
For laser Jamer I highly recommend ALP. Anti laser priority. Top of the line best of the best

Completed another part of the led conversion. Only front signals and vanity mirrors left.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my to do list:
High Beam LED upgrade
Aftermarket black rims
Tinted tail lights

Do you mind sharing the link to the Console Divider?

Thanks

Back