loose tweeter 2013 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

loose tweeter 2013 explorer

garneauk

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
hi, i think my front tweeter is loose, i hear rattle from it. can I just remove the grill to screw it back or I have to remove the entire door to do it? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im guessing the door panel. Check youtube??

I have removed the door panel to upgrade the speakers. I think the grill is part of the entire door panel, so you will have to remove the whole thing in order to fix any rattle.

Unfortunately, if yours is the same is my 2016, the tweeter snaps into a round area in behind the grill and is held in place by several plastic tabs. If your rattle is definitely coming from the tweeter, I'm not sure you can fix it with a simple screwdriver. You may need to add something to fill any extra space that may be present in the tweeter housing. Good luck, something like that would drive me beserk as well. I will say that removing the door panel is really not that hard though, give it a try.

I have removed the door panel to upgrade the speakers. I think the grill is part of the entire door panel, so you will have to remove the whole thing in order to fix any rattle.

Unfortunately, if yours is the same is my 2016, the tweeter snaps into a round area in behind the grill and is held in place by several plastic tabs. If your rattle is definitely coming from the tweeter, I'm not sure you can fix it with a simple screwdriver. You may need to add something to fill any extra space that may be present in the tweeter housing. Good luck, something like that would drive me beserk as well. I will say that removing the door panel is really not that hard though, give it a try.

Hot glue gun.
fugetaboutit

Hot glue sometimes works otherwise you can try Shoegoo or e6000 adhesive.

Back