jwrezz

Elite Snow Shoveler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Parsippany, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dude! Put in the bumper brackets!!! :rolleyes: Other than that it looks great.

Niiice job. Looks good. "Lift Lips" makes the filler strip to caover the frame gaps. I think there about $50.00 for a complete set. They work great and only take a few minutes to install.

I have to have some work done to make the bumper brackets work from what I hear. THe front ones seem OK, just a bit of notching in the bumper. I put the old Manik grill guard on there. I got it up a bit so that the headlights are visible. It fills in the gap nicely. The rear one will need some real work. I'm thinking of going to CRL and getting one of their bumpers, or maybe both front and back! The gap guards? I don't want 'em. I can't believe the years of mud, leaves, rocks, etc that were under there! Now it's so easy to clean! Thanx for the kind words.

I am new to the forum and I am in dire need to find just a 2" body lift for my '96 "X". I have been searching all over, but I guess in not the right places. I have already done the extended shackles, T/T and add a leaf in the back and I want more! Can you help a fellow "X" junkee out.

Thanks

Words of wisdom: He who dies with the most toys wins!

There are no body lift kits for 95 & up explorers. There are a few options, search this board for the one that suits you best. I got the Performance Accesories kit 853 for 95-97 Ranger. I had to fiddle w/ the steering extension a bit (RotoZipped it out in side). I used 8 of the 14 supplied bolts, and reused 2 original ones in different locations. Bit of a hassle getting the radiator in it's new location, but it went. I haven't messed w/ the bumper relocations brackets, but I'm told the front will work, and the rear will need some fabrication. Good luck,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. This should be fun!

Mark '96 XLT Side Graphics/Custom Cat back exhaust/ext. Shackles/ AAL/Torsion Twist/Ground Effects Kit/Headlight Strobes and 31x10.5's

That looks really really awesome!!! Now it makes me want it more and more!!!

Here's the link to my site.

http://homepage.mac.com/jwrezz/xlt/PhotoAlbum24.html

Hope some one else can learn from my mistakes. Although it was pretty easy.
Jwrezz, I have the exact same vehicle. Mine is still all OEM but I'm looking forward to a new adventure with mods. With a 1.5" shackle rear lift and a 1-2" T/T what max tires size you think I can fit with no trimming or cutting?

Jwrezz, I have the exact same vehicle. Mine is still all OEM but I'm looking forward to a new adventure with mods. With a 1.5" shackle rear lift and a 1-2" T/T what max tires size you think I can fit with no trimming or cutting?

Holy thread bump, last post on this thread was over 12 years ago. To answer your question 31x10.50r15 is all you can go without any trimming

Yeah, 31*10.5 is about all. When I put the body lift in I still had to hammer/cut the front fenders a bit for the 33*12.5's to fit.

Good thing about old threads is email notifications!

Its always nice to see old members pop back in!

Holy thread bump, last post on this thread was over 12 years ago. To answer your question 31x10.50r15 is all you can go without any trimming
Haha, yea, what a tread bump. My rig has gone through wifie mobile and first car for my three kids and now it's mine to do what I want to do with. All I can see is mud, rocks and hills. She was well kept over the years!!!

Wow! What a story you have for grandkids! That rigs been thru a lot!

Yea, but all highways and some light off road to cabins and such. She's been to Canada, Mexico and two years in U.S. Virgin Islands where she was the best looking vehicle on the island when she was just 3 years old.

So, what happened to your Explorer?. When I came across your pic I flipped and said to myself, that's it!!!!, not too much but just enough to bring my rig back to life. So, I'm planning to mirror your workup.
One thing, what kind of wheels are those?. Any problems with offset?..

I still have her. My son (8) is dying for me to take him in the woods, but I got some work do do before that! Wheels are American racing I believe.

Actually, my profile pic is a day when he was 2 months old and helping mommy take the pic!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually, my profile pic is a day when he was 2 months old and helping mommy take the pic!
Cool... thanks for the information. So, with that, these 30X9.5R15LT General Grabbers AT2 should fit with the mods I mentinoed correct?.

Back