• Register Today It's free!

Window Issues....

DV8

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar Grove, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
So my 94 Ex is having some window issues. The passenger front window will not roll up or down directly. I have to go down a bit, then tap up, then down a bit, and so on. And do the exact opposite when rolling it up.I notice the window tilts as it gets stuck, then when I bump the switch in the opposite direction, it straightens its self out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like the window regulator may be loose or going bad. you'll have to remove the door panel and peel back the moisture barrier and take a look to see what's going on.

Mine did that once and spraying a ton of silicon spray in the window channels took care of it. If you hear the motor running but the the window wont move you need to change out the deteriorated plastic parts in the gear end of the motor. There is a sticky here on how to do it. and the parts are $10.00 at most parts stores.

My rear windows do this. In the case of the rears, there's 'plastic' guide wheels (tiny) for the window as it slides up or down. They tweak and pop out of their channel, binding. I've yet to find a replacement. Don't know if the front windows are the same.

i know its not the plastic plugs, thats whats wrong with the left rear. and i've already loaded the channels down with silicone spray. Guess I'm pullin the door panel and eyeballin the regulator

Could just be an adjustment of the tracks? My superduty will do this and it has manual windows. I need to tighten the fit of the glass in the tracks. I just been dealing with it for now.

Back