Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2

99% sure I'm in!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You guys may have some fresh terrain to wheel, with all the shakin' going on out there recently, and a 7.0 predicted for the next week...

Yep...you mention a bunch of earthquakes centered at the Salton Sea and everyone wants to go to Truckhaven. :)

You guys may have some fresh terrain to wheel, with all the shakin' going on out there recently, and a 7.0 predicted for the next week...

Thankfully the area is sparsely populated, but the local news here in AZ is talking breaks in I-10 already.:eek:

Hope the shaking waits until after I get home today so I can tape everything important down:hammer:. I'm less than a mile from the Johnson Valley fault, eureka peak, and the pinto mountain fault lines and a bunch of other little ones are all over. it shakes a lot out here. I've got beverage glasses hanging over the bar that jingle every time there's some vibrations. Their making noise almost daily.

As long as the house doesn't fall on my explorer... and maybe even then....the plan is to still do truckhaven..especially since my rear main is no longer leaking.

Current plan is to go with the trailer either Thursday or Friday morning. No off-roading with my non-functional transfer case, though.

so how many rigs are coming for the big dawg run and the little guys run? Cause I can bring either either one. Most likely the bigger one cause the little rig isn't ready.

Is there a time line things are looking to kick off that morning? I want to try and show up before every one leaves camp and hits the trails with enough time to de-trailer.

I have the explorer mostly ready (new rear springs and tightened up the Ballistic joints).. I just need to double check the spare parts/tools boxes are still stocked and I need to switch out my co2 bottle for the full one.

Next is the steering box on the Van and then check out the trailer..

I'm working on getting out there Wednesday... I already got Thursday off but I think I can swing Wednesday too.

Is there a time line things are looking to kick off that morning? I want to try and show up before every one leaves camp and hits the trails with enough time to de-trailer.

For the crew that gets out there days early there is no real time line.. On Saturday it's more or less once people are up and alive etc.. I'd say if you are out there early Saturday (like breakfast early) you won't miss the start of the run (sometimes there are 2, sometimes it's a single longer run with a lunch on the trail)... There is also usually a Night run too..

~Mark

so how many rigs are coming for the big dawg run and the little guys run? Cause I can bring either either one. Most likely the bigger one cause the little rig isn't ready.

There are usually very few "little dogs" lately.

We usually try to hit the trails by 9.

I'll be one of them :D I'm hoping for some nicely graded trails for rally-style driving...

then that settles it. I'll bring the little guy next trip.

If it counts, I'm still IFS on 32s.

Sad more people don't want (or can't make time) to take stock 4x4's here. Truckhaven is so diverse. It's one of the best places I can think of to wheel a stock vehicle... and with a whole group full of folks who don't mind taking it easy between the big dog runs.

I'm planning to be out there Thursday but probably not until late afternoon ish.

I don't think my rig is going to hang on the toughest trails so I might get lumped into the little trucks group as well.

looks like I might not make it. Because of work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't. We close on our new house on the 12th, and going to SEMA on the 3rd. If i go to this, I think I'll be single again.

I'll make it to January 2017 round up though.

Back