1999 XLT (UQ/US) Dash Light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 XLT (UQ/US) Dash Light

AngryDome

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer UQ XLT SOHC
Greetings!

I've got myself a 99 Auto XLT and ever since I bought it there has been a light on the dash that turns on periodically that I haven't been able to identify.

https://postimg.org/image/jzizyjae7/
20161005_165309.jpg

You can see the light is on in the right of the photo. I have used my best Google-Fu but have been unable to determine what it is.

Could anyone possibly enlighten me?

Cheers!

I think this has been asked about before. I don't recall what the answer was, but does your truck have the rear air suspension (AKA ARC). If so it might mean it's turned off or that there's a problem with it or the pump.

I honestly don't know if it does. How would I figure that out?

I honestly don't know if it does. How would I figure that out?

I'm no expert on this subject, but I thing there's a switch of some sort on the dash to the right of the steering column that has something to do with the ARC system. I think there's also a pump in the jack compartment and you should see air lines going to the rear shock absorbers (unless someone switched out the air shocks for standard ones).

You could also take your VIN and look up your truck on Ford's ETIS web site. There's an option there that let's you see all the options your truck was born with.

Back