Unlocking all doors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Unlocking all doors

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT 4.0 V6
if I use the numpad or my key to unlock the doors in our 2007 Explorer XLT V6 it only unlocks the driverdoor. Is it possible to get it to unlock all doors at the same time?
We have only one remote but two keys.

I'm still learning about this vehicle. Bought about a week ago.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why don't you just use the remote to unlock all the doors? Just click the unlock button twice.

The key hanger on the the remote is broken so it is a little annoying to bring along.

You could use the number pad, then open the door, reach in and use the buttons located on the inside of the door.

Guess I just have to get used to it then.
Thanks

Our old car had a flip key and I would love to have that again.
Is 8S4Z-15K601-A the part number for the remote?

After pressing in your 5 digit code, immediately press the "3" key. It will unlock the other doors.

if I use the numpad or my key to unlock the doors in our 2007 Explorer XLT V6 it only unlocks the driverdoor. Is it possible to get it to unlock all doors at the same time?
We have only one remote but two keys.

I'm still learning about this vehicle. Bought about a week ago.

Press the unlock button twice quickly, that should unlock all doors. Turning the key twice should also do the same.

Go in the vehicle and hit hit the setup button for the message center I think it is and you can change this to it will unlock all doors with one press of the remote button. I think it changes the door pad thing too. But I can't remember.

Go in the vehicle and hit hit the setup button for the message center I think it is and you can change this to it will unlock all doors with one press of the remote button. I think it changes the door pad thing too. But I can't remember.
I'll try that later today. Thanks

Adding "3" after your code unlocks all doors

Adding "5" after your code pops thee glass liftgate open

I checked I did set mine that the key pad automatically unlocks all doors but I can't remember how I done it. And one push of the remote does the same.

Back