"NAV SD Card Fault" | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"NAV SD Card Fault"

Then you have either a hardware failure or the cable between the APIM and hub is disconnected.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Then you have either a hardware failure or the cable between the APIM and hub is disconnected.
Are any of these accesses fused?

Media hub is powered by the APIM so now. If the APIM is powered the Media hub should be powered too....backlighting should be on.

Media hub is powered by the APIM so now. If the APIM is powered the Media hub should be powered too....backlighting should be on.
Thanks Jason.

been doing some other reading would the fuse reset work?

so how do i go about checking this and what would cause that being parked? Since when i pulled into hotel parking lot nav was working coming out to car in the morning it wasnt.

no it didnt by the way
Not real sure what you meant by "fuse reset" but as a last resort you could always try disconnecting the neg. battery cable for 5 minutes or so then reconnect and see if that helps. You will however lose some memory settings. If there is a physical disconnect as jmr061 alluded to then the battery thing won't help.

Peter

I have been getting the "NAV SD Card Fault" also and disconnected the battery cable but still get the fault.

I have a recall appointment on Monday for the following:

· FSA Title: SYNC WITH MYFORD MYLINCOLN TOUCH WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE APIM

· Field Service Action Number: 12M02

Hopefully this will fix it.

Not real sure what you meant by "fuse reset" but as a last resort you could always try disconnecting the neg. battery cable for 5 minutes or so then reconnect and see if that helps. You will however lose some memory settings. If there is a physical disconnect as jmr061 alluded to then the battery thing won't help.

Peter
Amazingly today driving the navigation started working

Ok so I'm also having this issue.
Is there a solution?
2016 xlt.

This issue apparently goes back to 2011...

For me, it was determine that the SD card itself was defective. The Ford dealership had used their NAV SD card and the system worked. But the dealership would not replace the card because I brought it online via Ford.com.

The dealership advised me to contact the map maker:

HERE Customer Service

P.O. Box 1588

Orem, UT 84059

I provided the purchase order number and opened a trouble ticket with HERE Customer Service for the defective SD NAV card. Note: the SD NAV card was purchased back in April 2016. The customer representative said there was a 30 day warranty but created the trouble ticket.

HERE Customer Service approved my request in 48 hours and sent a replacement card for free. I had to send the defective card back.

So far the SD NAV has been working fine

Well...they couldn't replicate it....oh my God. Drove 10 miles and there is.
This explorer is now 1 year old....what a piece of ****.
We had issues with fans, throttle body, srs, seat covers, windshield cowl, sd nav.....

We took it again and they couldn't replicate it...
They did a master reset, which I had done, and battery disconnect...
My wofe picked it up, five minutes later there is again...

Greetings,

I have been having this exact same issue for a month now. Tried two map SD cards, neither work. My hub is down/not working either. I have the APIM recall as well as an extended warranty on my 2014, so it's off to the dealer soon to fix. The Nav would at times work after this failure, but it wasn't working right and only works for one trip. I will keep folks posted.

Thanks,
Dave

We took it again and they couldn't replicate it...
They did a master reset, which I had done, and battery disconnect...
My wofe picked it up, five minutes later there is again...

Hi wilexplorer,

If possible, try to catch a video when it happens. This helps a lot with intermittent issues.

Greetings,

I have been having this exact same issue for a month now. Tried two map SD cards, neither work. My hub is down/not working either. I have the APIM recall as well as an extended warranty on my 2014, so it's off to the dealer soon to fix. The Nav would at times work after this failure, but it wasn't working right and only works for one trip. I will keep folks posted.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

I hope it goes well. Keep me in the loop!

This error pops up on me like 40 times a day. I understand there's no disc. How do I get it to stop???

Hi Derek Fortner,

Do you receive a NO DISC or SD CARD NAV FAULT error?

Shaay

this is crazy. I just finished chatting with Ford Sync team, they said this is not a known issue!!!. C'mon man! Google NAV SD CARD FAULT. It is know at least since 2011.
I have asked if there is a proven solution, still unanswered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi wilexplorer,

If possible, try to catch a video when it happens. This helps a lot with intermittent issues.

No. It would be possible but very impractical .
I can describe how the video would be....
noise from road
warning chime
This picture shows up
fordsyncerror.jpg

At this moment you would here some words on the background expressing frustration:
"Again, this POS" Ford doesn't have a solution" Worst vehicle ever" " Don't buy a Ford"
simultaneously a finger moves and click the screen to get out
A few more words of frustration and video would get jumpy and end so we can use the cell phone and go into Google Maps.

end of video

It has been in dealer 2 times for this,battery disconnect and Master reset. Dealer cannot replicate, we get this every day. Reinserting the card worked a couple of times, restarting the vehicle worked a couple of times....
This issue has shown over 40 times now. Always the same.

I still have not found a proven solution for this, and this is known since 2011.
As I just mentioned here, I was chatting with Ford Sync team they say this is not a known issue.... :(

Thank you

Back