Body Lift HELP!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift HELP!!!

Reaction score
City, State
Garnerville, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer sport
I got a 99 sport and i got a 4" suspension lift on order but i wanna know if anyone knows what 3" body lift I can use on this truck. I've seen the 98 explorer in one of the photogalleries with it but it dosen't say what kind it is. I saw one for the sporttac(figures) wonder if that one would work or maybe a Ranger kit or an earlier explorer kit. I really like the explorer the aftermarket really don't make it easy to do stuff to it. I already found that i can't get 16x10 wheels for it. Gonna try to squeeze 35s under it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Performance accessories, the kit for the ranger

Do a search... there is a ranger kit that will work

check my sig

Ranger Kit, rock!. Is there any special mods i have to do to the kit to fit it or it just goes in? Thanks for your help.

Sorry taxxman, i must have posted while you were. I checked your sig, Your truck looks exactly like mine. Looks good. I'm gonna print out you page for reference thanks for your help.

follow that link on my page too. It gives step by step.

so should i order the 95-97 kit or the 98-00 kit. i saw you used the 95-97 kit but will the steering extender work or is the 98-00 kit different

I am really not sure but if you search around you will find it. Check out Gerald's Truck
he has a 99. Scroll down to the body lift section.

Look in the Useful thread area for a link on Body lifts for a 1996 or a 1997 Explorer! That will tell you what kit to order, and what parts to order afterwards, and the cheapest way!

Well i ordered the PA kit for the 95-97 ranger. In gerold's post he used a 98-00 kit but found that the steering extender did not work so i figured since the body style of the ranger changed in 98 and 98-00 kit worked on the 2001 explorer with no mods to the extender that maybe the 95-97 extender would work on the 99 because the 99 and 97 explorers are pretty much the same except for the front bumper. I'm gonna check it for fit and post my results.

Chris - I think you are thinking right.

Well hopefully it works. i'll let you guys know

Back