• Register Today It's free!

Timken Throwout bearing

murkinstock

Reaction score
City, State
Salem, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer Sport
Hi, guys, back again. Lol I've searched and searched and searched, with no luck. I got a Timken Throwout bearing for my new slave, becuase people seem to really swear by them.

My problem is, the bearing face stops against the retaining ring. I'm worried if I push my clutch in all the way, the bearing could come in contact with it, and that would most likely be catastrophic. Is that a possibility or is this normal for the Timken bearing?

I might end up just using the LUK or SKF I now have. Haha

Thanks in advance!

1020161704_HDR_zpsif2qyxvh.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmm, are people swearing by Timken pilot bearings, not throw out bearings, maybe? Or just Timken bearings in general? I haven't ever heard of putting on a different throw out.
What slave do you have, a LUK?

Hmm, are people swearing by Timken pilot bearings, not throw out bearings, maybe? Or just Timken bearings in general? I haven't ever heard of putting on a different throw out.
What slave do you have, a LUK?

More in general, but its an FTE slave out of a genuine Ford box.

I'd use the complete Ford unit as is. If it was a cheap parts store slave, maybe then I would think about messing with it.

Back