• Register Today It's free!

New Platinum on order

Ted K

Reaction score
City, State
Old Bethpage, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Platin
Question. Haven't been able to determine if the explorer's right hand side view mirror dips down when the car is put into reverse. Can someone let me know. Curious. Obviously not a deal breaker on an otherwise superbly equipped stunning vehicle, but would like to know. TIA.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question. Haven't been able to determine if the explorer's right hand side view mirror dips down when the car is put into reverse. Can someone let me know. Curious. Obviously not a deal breaker on an otherwise superbly equipped stunning vehicle, but would like to know. TIA.
Hello Ted K,

I checked on this for you, and the side mirrors on these Explorers do not tilt down when putting it in reverse. Also, you are welcomed to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track your order for you.

Deysha

Hello Ted K,

I checked on this for you, and the side mirrors on these Explorers do not tilt down when putting it in reverse. Also, you are welcomed to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track your order for you.

Deysha
Deysha, thanks. Soon as I have an order number, I will let you know. Thanks.

No problem, Ted K! I’ll keep an eye out for your PM.

Deysha
My order no. is X999. Does that sound right? I have the build sheet from the dealer. Seems like such a generic code. It says U311 - Order No. X999

No problem, Ted K! I’ll keep an eye out for your PM.

Deysha
Deysha, Ran the order number on the customer search site. I see the vin, and the order. However, while the order sheet the dealer faxed me shows Magnetic exterior with Ebony interior, the online order screen is showing white interior. The dealer swears his system is showing it correctly. Don't want to wait three months and then have it come in wrong. Can you check and verify what color the interior is for me? The vin is as follows: 1FM5K8HT1HGB58035

Back