Rebuilt 5.0 Using Oil | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rebuilt 5.0 Using Oil

Honestly there is not much more power difference, I feel a little bit more mid range acceleration. But the sound is definitely better, its more throughter and rumbly, if thats makes sense at all just more of a healthy v8 sound. I am thinking tho that a dyno tune will help which I am planning on doing once I get the motor all straightened out.

I am thinking I might run some regular or dino oil for a couple thousand and try that. While running it hard (like I am now basically)

As for the valve guide I was hoping it would be but I think if it was I would see some blue smoke out the tail pipe which I see none.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was hoping for a simple solution. Lets hope those rings seal. Keep us informed how it goes.

Yea you will definitely be the first to know. I am going to pull the plugs this weekend prolly when I get a chance.

You can get a zinc additive and add to the oil but synthetic is a no no for break in...run it HARD but more than likely if they haven't broke in by now they probably wont..

Sorry. On the up side, no frozen or rusted bolts to worry about.
Hopefully you don't get to the point where you know the exact order of operations down to every bolt and socket size. Unfortunately, I'm not proud of the fact that Vroomzoomboom and I are there (I've lost count of the number of times my motor has come out in the last 1.5 years). The repetition becomes monotonous.

Right I really hope this is the last time it comes out but at least nothing will be frozen like you said.

That's a bummer. :(

Still would be interested in seeing what the plugs look like. Or even the tops of the pistons if you had access to a borescope.

If it was me, id still put some cheap oil in and abuse it for a while. then after some fresh plugs and see if your getting fouling/losing oil. I do agree the chance for optimal ring sealing is gone though.

Subscribed

Back