"NAV SD Card Fault" | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"NAV SD Card Fault"

So i just spoke to Ford IVT.....they said to contact HERE to purchase a new card! @#$#@$ Really, this is not under warranty?
I'll be willing to buy a card if this was a proven solution. Unfortunately, Ford cannot confirm that is is the issue and solution. Ford mentions there is an issue with the A7 cards, but recommends I get an A7 card because HERE doesn't have any A6 cards....This is frustrating.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey wilexplorer,

I understand how frustrating this issue can be. If the dealer has been unable to find a resolution, have them contact their Tech Hotline. This is their next point of contact for assistance. Also, Ford does not produce or provide the SD cards which is why they wouldn't be covered under warranty. HERE Maps can work with you further regarding a replacement card. They can be reached at www.navigation.com or at 866-462-8837.

Cara

So i just spoke to Ford IVT.....they said to contact HERE to purchase a new card! @#$#@$ Really, this is not under warranty?
I'll be willing to buy a card if this was a proven solution. Unfortunately, Ford cannot confirm that is is the issue and solution. Ford mentions there is an issue with the A7 cards, but recommends I get an A7 card because HERE doesn't have any A6 cards....This is frustrating.
Perhaps a dealer might have one or allow you to use a card from an Explorer on their lot? Failing that, do you know any Explorer owners in the area that perhaps you could approach to see if using their card would fix the issue? I know it's not an ideal solution but I don't see any alternative at this point to check if the card is faulty.
Good luck.

Peter

Thank you . I did spoke to HERE , they are willing to send me a new card as long as I pay for it. $139 plus tax and shipping...
However they have A7 cards and from my phone call with IVT the A7 have shown issues unlike previous versions (according to Ford). So I would like to confirm that this is not a hardware issue before I put money into fixing this problem. Unfortunately I'm in limbo...the dealer cannot replicate it. card is not under warranty and there is no telling for the A7 replacement will work. it is just trial and error....
I will take it once more to a dealership then buy a card to try. Unfortunately neither of the 2 dealerships thought of replacing the card because they couldn't replicate it.
Ford offered to send an A3 card 2 weeks ago, but it is not here yet and now IVT on phone said they don't have them. I'm hoping it is in the mail.
I also wonder how often this cards fail... $139+ every year to replace a card will get old very quick...I don't care of map updates I just want the system to work as intented.

I'll be going to the dealer and hope for the best...well for some solution .
I wouldnt try someone else working card in my system , if then they get this error they would blame me. And this is not fun...
I honestly doubt this is a software issue but there is no way to confirm .

Perhaps a dealer might have one or allow you to use a card from an Explorer on their lot? Failing that, do you know any Explorer owners in the area that perhaps you could approach to see if using their card would fix the issue? I know it's not an ideal solution but I don't see any alternative at this point to check if the card is faulty.
Good luck.

Peter

Thank you . I did spoke to HERE , they are willing to send me a new card as long as I pay for it. $139 plus tax and shipping...
However they have A7 cards and from my phone call with IVT the A7 have shown issues unlike previous versions (according to Ford). So I would like to confirm that this is not a hardware issue before I put money into fixing this problem. Unfortunately I'm in limbo...the dealer cannot replicate it. card is not under warranty and there is no telling for the A7 replacement will work. it is just trial and error....
I will take it once more to a dealership then buy a card to try. Unfortunately neither of the 2 dealerships thought of replacing the card because they couldn't replicate it.
Ford offered to send an A3 card 2 weeks ago, but it is not here yet and now IVT on phone said they don't have them. I'm hoping it is in the mail.
I also wonder how often this cards fail... $139+ every year to replace a card will get old very quick...I don't care of map updates I just want the system to work as intented.

I'm unable to speculate if this is a hardware issue or not, but your dealer will be able to look more thoroughly into this with their Tech Hotline. Keep us posted!

Cara

Plenty of a7 nav cards on ebay for half the price. a6 cards for under $30.

We went to the dealership today with error on. Told them the story about conversation with Ford and Here. They order a new hub. The advisor say never seen before.... The tech says he has seen it on 2016 but many previous models. He also says they don't know about issues with the A7 only about A5 and A6 cards. He is 95% sure it is the hub, not the card.
The plan is to then replace the module if still doesn't work.
I'll let you know once I get the hub replaced.
I hope this will be the last visit...the tech already knows our name. Soon he'll be leaving his tools in our explorer.

Plenty of a7 nav cards on ebay for half the price. a6 cards for under $30.
I'm on my 4th replacement from a $72 card. Still getting the same problem. sd card fault.

I'm on my 4th replacement from a $72 card. Still getting the same problem. sd card fault.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Perhaps it isn't the card that is faulty.
Also please add the trim (Base, XLT, etc.) of the Explorer to your profile. That may be helpful for future posts. Thanks.

Peter

Be careful with the cards you buy. Many sellers have been knocking off clones and advertising them as OEM. Some have poor copied labels and some are very good. If you can write a file to the SD card it is a knock off. Nothing wrong with knock offs (unless they are using a cheap SD card) but I for one when I want an OEM card and buy what is shown to be one and isn't....grrrrr.

Ok, nothing solved yet. Went to the dealership and they ordered the wrong part....Have to go back again.
I'll keep you updated....

The media hub was replaced on Wednesday. We got home and it was OK. Drove out about 3 miles and ding...again.
Still not solved...
Will have to go back again.

The media hub was replaced on Wednesday. We got home and it was OK. Drove out about 3 miles and ding...again.
Still not solved...
Will have to go back again.

Did they also update SYNC to Version 3.10? They should since that was released the weekend of the 19th. Maybe they are not aware of that. If not tell them. It could be a software issue.

Did they also update SYNC to Version 3.10? They should since that was released the weekend of the 19th. Maybe they are not aware of that. If not tell them. It could be a software issue.

Thanks. No, it wasn't updated. I'm running Ver 3.8, the website says it is the latest update, i guess at some point soon it will catch up.

I got a new A7 card, it has been on for a few miles with no issues. Still waiting to celebrate .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We are calling it FIXED. We drove it for over 100 miles now, no issues. So replacing the card with an A7 (I got it on Amazon) worked for me. Now everything is back to normal.

Back