• Register Today It's free!

Interceptor Owner's Vanity Plates

Nhdude

Reaction score
City, State
NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford PI Utility
Back in August I let go of the Silverado I was leasing and decided on picking up a Police Interceptor Utility for a good price. After a few weeks and everyone driving like grannies, I decided to order up some vanity plates to make it known its not in service and be a little cheeky about it. Any one else got some good ones to share? Attached are my own, enjoy!
14753876_10211223186802230_3213145351205212582_o.jpg

14855937_10211319090359759_5249629240831801926_o.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back in August I let go of the Silverado I was leasing and decided on picking up a Police Interceptor Utility for a good price. After a few weeks and everyone driving like grannies, I decided to order up some vanity plates to make it known its not in service and be a little cheeky about it. Any one else got some good ones to share? Attached are my own, enjoy!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
If you check through the forum you'll see that many pictures have the plates disguised in one way or another due to possible Internet privacy concerns.

Peter

While not an Ex but related to the topic, in the area I grew up in years ago a guy picked up a former sheriff's deputies UC car...a brown mid 90's Caprice with steel wheels. His plate: NOTACOP.

If you check through the forum you'll see that many pictures have the plates disguised in one way or another due to possible Internet privacy concerns.

That always made me wonder, what is the difference of having your plate seen every time you take it out of the garage, versus a picture of it on line?

Do people search the internet to find license plates to commit some type of scam or crime, versus them just seeing the plates on the street?

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter
Thanks for the welcome and the info :thumbsup:

While not an Ex but related to the topic, in the area I grew up in years ago a guy picked up a former sheriff's deputies UC car...a brown mid 90's Caprice with steel wheels. His plate: NOTACOP.
I've actually seen a Crown Vic with that same plate in a random click-bait link
bae3d8f9e0e08213d14cf12ed9b8309d.jpg

That always made me wonder, what is the difference of having your plate seen every time you take it out of the garage, versus a picture of it on line?

Do people search the internet to find license plates to commit some type of scam or crime, versus them just seeing the plates on the street?

The amount of information about every one out there on the web is staggering, so I can understand the desire for as much anonymity as possible. That being said, I knew what I was getting into when I decided to get the plates as they have popped up on social media a couple times that I know of.

I have what I call "police effect" when runnin down the highway.. when they look in the mirror there are usually a couple of reactions either they slam on the brakes and do speed limit or they pull hard right and get out of the way.. I thinks is great!!!

I do have a custom plate but nothing to do with LEO..

I have what I call "police effect" when runnin down the highway.. when they look in the mirror there are usually a couple of reactions either they slam on the brakes and do speed limit or they pull hard right and get out of the way.. I thinks is great!!!

Me too. Having my dog stickers on the side adds to it when I'm stopped. They're on there so that anyone approaching, but particularly law enforcement if I were to get stopped, will be aware that my two very scary dogs might be in there and bark at them. I had the same stickers on my Kia and my Grand Cherokee. It's just the dog outline, and their name, in red.

If I hadn't ended up with a white Explorer, the effect would probably be less.

s320 (2).jpg

Jon I love it.. I don't have the pups but I have dark front windows and a gangsta strip on windshield so I am sure this also adds to it as well as my 2 repeater antennas on each rear window. so it has a little mystery or sinister look..

Love it.. I want to add an electronic air horn for fun since a cannot find room for stutterhorns.. LOL..

Not the plate but subtle support for LEO and K9 and the friends I have. It's made from high quality 3M material and is reflective and of course on the leftside. (we have 2 GSD's) and have a more obvious look on our Subaru as that is the "dog car" aka PUPWAGN
20161206_150155-M.jpg

20161206_150205-M.jpg

20161230_154221-M.jpg

Its was great for me too. Going through south N.J in a left lane. I had a few cups of coffee and everyone seemed to be pulling hard right. I had my cruise set at 84, speed limit is 65. Then all of a sudden, a Chevy Tahoe, highway police marked car was very close behind me when I looked at the mirror. He was out of nowhere as I am usually very aware of my surroundings. The hunter then became the hunted. I did all of the 3 above mentioned methods that you mentioned, pressed on brakes a bit, slowed down and merged right into the middle lane. I think that he was going after a bigger fish.

One of my x friends, when i used to know him. his only hobby was with in laser detectors and jammer's. He is on forums like v1 and other sites and he showed me his trucks headlights and tailight's were covered with some kind of anti laser, his front and back had 2 jammers, "might need 3 for the XP he told me with a loud tone of voice, your truck is white" (front of XP grill is a dream come true, a perfect place and merge with the black grill), V1. He is testing his kit and hobby every few month and meeting up with people to test his truck to make sure that it is up with the specs. He said he does not use the jammer in the illegal states and usually slows down not to make it too noticeable. He said that instant radar from behind is the most dangerous one.

Back