Key not found! Your car will now annoy you in public! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Key not found! Your car will now annoy you in public!

RandyH2

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited AWD
Today I pulled in to the local Farmer's Market, stopped the engine and spent a few minutes finishing a phone call over bluetooth. When the call ended I noticed there was some message on the screen about the system switching over to the phone in some period of time- an interesting and potentially helpful message. I touched some on-screen button and then noticed the left cluster display indicating "No key found". Having been through the honking horn routine before when I inadvertently locked myself out (keys in bag behind thrid row- don't try it) I knew that pushing the red panic button on the fob would silence the now honking horn. And it did. And it did again. And the third time.
The solution, if it happens to you, is some combination of locking and unlocking the doors with the fob. I don't know the sequence, I just pushed buttons. Too bad the system couldn't recognize that the key was actually right there, or given me instructions on how to proceed.

Another lesson learned.

And the retired engineer from GM selling tomatoes had a good laugh!

Hi All,
Not sure where to put this and the search feature didn't bring back results (strangely)

Over the last 2 weeks or so I keep getting the message "Key not found" or something like that about a key not being present in my EX although its sitting right in the cup holder. I thought it was the battery, however it wasn't since I kept getting the message after changing the battery. I'll try using the second key to narrow it down a but but haven't had the time as yet.

Anyone experienced this issue?

Hi All,
Not sure where to put this and the search feature didn't bring back results (strangely)

Over the last 2 weeks or so I keep getting the message "Key not found" or something like that about a key not being present in my EX although its sitting right in the cup holder. I thought it was the battery, however it wasn't since I kept getting the message after changing the battery. I'll try using the second key to narrow it down a but but haven't had the time as yet.

Anyone experienced this issue?
Found this thread with just the 1 post. It seems he was ab le to fix using random button pushing. Not very technical.

Peter

Back