Snowball 94 Limited | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Snowball 94 Limited

Hey I'm a long time reader and Just bought my first X Wednesday I love it.
SnowballJune3103.jpg

She's a 1994 Limited.Named her Snowball (Sry If someone already had this name) I paid $1500 for her. She got a new Thermostat 2hrs after I bought her cause it locked up on me and over heated in the middle of the road. Her primary duty is going to be as a daily driver/Photography vehicle. I am an avid amateur photographer.

The day after I got her I took her out on her first photo Journey.
Here's some pics.

SnowballJune31018.jpg

She is replacing the 1989 Ranger my parents let me drive till I found my own and just like the Ranger I couldn't keep her on the pavement for long.

SnowballJune31015.jpg

I also found a mound of gravel and flexed the suspension a bit.
SnowballJune3107.jpg

SnowballJune3109.jpg

Her primary purpose will be to get me to college and back and do a little off-roading. She does have some problem but what 16yr old vehicle doesn't. I will eventually get some kind of lift but first is New/Used tires and a MAF.

Leave your opinions did I make a good purchase? What Kind of lift should I get it need to be cheap cause most of my money will be going to School.​

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Almost forgot I did manage to do some work on the rig in the past year. I had a massive vacuum leak from several of the hoses so I ordered up some Silicone Orange hoses and replaced all the vacuum lines.
D25C552D-EC83-4579-BAD1-B97D47D5F33F.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like that orange silicone vacuum hose. That's great material, and I hope to get around to doing some of that.

I have a 91 XLT 4WD(cream colored) that I misplaced the title for, and couldn't sell when I wanted to. If I could find time to dig and find it, I'd sell you the hatch if you needed it. I'm still smothered myself, working on my sister's Jeep, before I can get back to my "new" 98 Limited. If you need any other parts, and could find use for the whole thing, this one is complete still, until I pull the gas tank.

I actually ended up find one at a local yard today.

I got it on and fitted but have ran into a issue. The one I picked up is from an XLT and mine being a limited apparently had a few extra sensors in the hatch.

I can't seem to track down these wires down in my wiring diagram but it's probably because the one I have is for a 93 not 94.
I was able to trace them through the old hatch. The Black/Orange one goes to a sensor that goes on the back of the lock cylinder. The other Teal?/Purple wire goes to the passenger side latch. Not sure what it does or what to do about it.

Here's the wire I need help with
IMG_1575.jpg

Any one have the 94 Limited diagrams and can tell me what this wire does?

I probably have that hatch harness still among(in) my spare wiring boxes(hell to find stuff). I had to use a 97 harness to work with the later window motor etc. Those wires are likely related to the alarm, to sense when the hatch is opened/unlocked.

I probably have that hatch harness still among(in) my spare wiring boxes(hell to find stuff). I had to use a 97 harness to work with the later window motor etc. Those wires are likely related to the alarm, to sense when the hatch is opened/unlocked.

I still have the entire busted hatch. I was able to pull most of the wiring harness from it. I pulled the old lock cylinder and the sensor/wiring that went on it. That was the Black/Orange wire.I plan to install it in the new hatch to fix that wire.

The Teal/Purple wire I was able to trace to the latch assembly on the passenger side but I can't disconnect the wiring or get the latch out. I've got it unbolted and free but can't get the linkage to release from the latch too pull it out and put it in the new hatch.

I ran out of time and patience yesterday with it so it'll probably be next week before I get back to it.

That's right, save those parts and wires. It reminds me of the 99 doors I gutted and saved the regulators and motors from. I want to convert the rear door regulators to the 95-01 versions, I just need to identify those among my stuff, to not have to go buy others. Put that on your list for the JY if you go browsing.

Well I got the hatch all wired up a few weeks back but was sill having issues with random stuff not working. I had to walk away from it cause it was making me mad. Came back to it last week and double checked everything again and took it back to basics and checked all the fuses again and FINALLY found one blown that I had over looked. Got it replaced and all is well.

Treated the rig to a oil change and new spin on trans filter and drover around the block a few times and all seems well again. Had enough time to give her a bath and check everything over real good.

It appears the oil leak I've had is getting a bit worse from sitting and now the Trans pan is weeping all the way around. So looks like it's tome to pull the trans pan and change the filter while also installing a drain plug for future maintenance.

Had to order some parts from Rock Auto and threw these in to cart since they were on close out for a great price.
27B6CA1B-AD69-4F17-A08F-3F681FEE4202.jpg

Those will be going on some time after Thanksgiving most likely along with a trans service.

Back