2017 Ford Platinum Front Seat Smaller | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Ford Platinum Front Seat Smaller

NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
I just got my 2017 ford platinum and notice that the front seats are much smaller and the space where the gas pedal and breaks is smaller also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got my 2017 ford platinum and notice that the front seats are much smaller and the space where the gas pedal and breaks is smaller also.

Smaller than what? They're the same as the 2016 I own and everything 11-15 I've been in?

No. i had a 2002,2006, 2011,2014 both ltd 302a. the platinum is a whole different seat trust me its been redesign. you have an alt, that a whole different seat.

It's definitely a different seat due to all of the fancy massaging functions but I'm fairly certain it's the same size as my 2016, the bottom part is fairly small I'll agree with that. I'm a small guy so it's perfect for me, but I can definitely see how taller folks would be annoyed by the lack of thigh support they may have.

As far as the cavity where the pedals are, I don't see why that would be any different?

It's definitely a different seat due to all of the fancy massaging functions but I'm fairly certain it's the same size as my 2016, the bottom part is fairly small I'll agree with that. I'm a small guy so it's perfect for me, but I can definitely see how taller folks would be annoyed by the lack of thigh support they may have.

As far as the cavity where the pedals are, I don't see why that would be any different?
Trust me. I took the measurement at the dealer and its narrower than the 2014. i'm 5' 11" 200lbs and what i really find is that the seat is smaller i have no issue with the width.

Coming from the 2014 MKT I immediately noticed that the lower cushion did not offer the same kind of leg support. Playing around with seat adjustments has helped somewhat and I'm starting to get used to it. A little longer cushion would have been nice. As for the space in the gas and brake pedal area I can't say I've notice any difference. In fact I'm currently using the Husky liners I had in the MKT which seemed to be about the same as the ones I had in the 2011 Explorer.

Peter

Trust me. I took the measurement at the dealer and its narrower than the 2014. i'm 5' 11" 200lbs and what i really find is that the seat is smaller i have no issue with the width.
So how much more narrow is it?

Back