Minumum Wiring to make a 97 5.0 run? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Minumum Wiring to make a 97 5.0 run?

newstylecustoms

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
199 Explorer Sport
I am having trouble tracking down an answer after much searching. Does anyone have info on exactly what is needed to make get an EEC-V 5.0 running. I ask because I am considering swapping the existing EEC-IV (Thunderbird) computer and harness that is currently installed for a 97 Explorer harness, computer, DIS that I have laying around. My main questions are what connections need to be made in the body harness to make this functional. It looks like I could have more tuning abilities with the EEC-V and a Quarterhorse.

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So no one here has ever heard of using an Explorer harness in a stand alone installation?

Other than switched ignition power, battery power and a couple grounds, the only odd gotcha is the PCM needs to "see" the fuel pump relay.

5 or 6 wires total.

PCM will get unhappy without the 4R70W at the transmission end of the wiring harness.

there is one guy on here that coveted to carb on a 2nd gen, but i cant remember his name, or what year his truck was

Thanks, that looks like some useful info

Back