Good set of tires for '07 Limited? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Good set of tires for '07 Limited?

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Limited
Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation on this. Looking for a set of P235/65R18 tires. I live in the midwest and we get all 4 seasons. I don't tow much save for a small fiberglass boat in the summer.

I've currently got 3 Bridgestone Dueler 422's and 1 Firestone Destination LE on the rear- vehicle was sold to me with a failed plug and the tread separated, so I bought a used pull-off for the time being.

Thanks guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am running Nitto NT421Q on my wife's Exploder. Very happy with them thus far.

I used Kuhmos Solus something few sets ago. The lowest price around and got about 50k miles out of them. Never had any issues with traction in snow.

I really like my Michelin LTX2 M/S and I live in the Chicago area. Awesome in snow when I go up to the UP Michigan for snowmobiling. They cost a bit more, but lasts longer.

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation on this. Looking for a set of P235/65R18 tires. I live in the midwest and we get all 4 seasons. I don't tow much save for a small fiberglass boat in the summer.

I've currently got 3 Bridgestone Dueler 422's and 1 Firestone Destination LE on the rear- vehicle was sold to me with a failed plug and the tread separated, so I bought a used pull-off for the time being.

Thanks guys.
Also live in Omaha. Have had good results from General Grabbers. Good tread design (not to loud on the hwy.) and good in the snow and lasted 75k. And price was also good; bought and installed at Atchley ford.

I ended up going with some General Altimax RT43's because I found a manufacturer's coupon and I liked the tread design. So far they're pretty sweet compared to the Bridgestones I had previously. A little softer in the shoulders, and a few pounds lighter overall. My fuel economy increased by a half mile per gallon too, but that's probably a fluke.

I recently purchased the Cooper CS5 Grand Touring. I live in Pennsylvania, and so,far they have been GREAT!. Comfortable ride, no noise and so far great in the snow.

Back