Shipping

FayeMathe

Reaction score
City, State
Slidell
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer
Is the factory in Chicago still shipping through the holidays

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The assembly plant shuts down for a period of time over the holidays so I doubt there is any shipping during that time.
Perhaps someone will have more info on the closure period.

Peter

Shuts down for 2 weeks according to my dealer.
I have a delivery date of Jan 30th on an order placed November 14th

Simon

Shuts down for 2 weeks according to my dealer.
I have a delivery date of Jan 30th on an order placed November 14th

Simon
Sounds about right. I ordered my 2011 around Dec.20, 2010 and it was delivered to the dealer in Casselman on March 14.
Best of the Season to you and yours Simon.

Peter

My Explorer was ordered on November 3 and was assembled at the plant in Chicago on December 10. I have a delivery date of January 4

Hey FayeMathe,

As far as I know, the plant will be closed December 26th-30th. However, shipping continues even when the plant is closed. You're welcome to send us a private message with your VIN or dealer code and order number; we'll check on your Explorer's progress.

Rachel

Hey FayeMathe,

As far as I know, the plant will be closed December 26th-30th. However, shipping continues even when the plant is closed. You're welcome to send us a private message with your VIN or dealer code and order number; we'll check on your Explorer's progress.

Rachel
Thanks for that clarification Rachel. Merry Christmas to you and yours.:dpchug:

Peter

Mine was ordered on Nov. 14th((picked up by Ford on the 17th), built on Dec 13th scheduled to arrive Dec. 23rd. You can check in cotusb.ford.com if you know your dealer code or VIN. Your order number is the date of order, mine is 1114. My original delivery date was Jan. 6.

how do I send a PM
Go up and click on your username (top right) and from the menu select "Conversations". On the next page select "Start a New Conversation" and then when a new page comes up in the 'Participants' section, type FordService.
Or simply go back to the FordService post and click on that name in the margin and then from the pop up select "Start a Conversation".

Peter

Mine was ordered on Nov. 14th((picked up by Ford on the 17th), built on Dec 13th scheduled to arrive Dec. 23rd. You can check in cotusb.ford.com if you know your dealer code or VIN. Your order number is the date of order, mine is 1114. My original delivery date was Jan. 6.
Hope 'Santa' delivers before Christmas.;) Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Peter

Hope 'Santa' delivers before Christmas.;) Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Peter
Probably not going to take delivery before Christmas if it does make it, just too much going on. And Merry Christmas to you as well.

Thanks for that clarification Rachel. Merry Christmas to you and yours.:dpchug:

Peter
You’re very welcome, peterk9!

how do I send a PM
I got your PM, FayeMathe. I sent you a response.

You’re welcome to PM me with your dealership’s name and order number so I can check on it, Lewisra.

Deysha

cotusford.com does not even show an expected delivery date now. Is it because Ford is behind in delivery? My awaiting shipment says a few days to a week and today makes nine days

mine still shows delivery the 23rd, but I'm only 6-7hrs from the plant.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back