• Register Today It's free!

Front washer nozzle

OeschJ

Reaction score
City, State
Saskatoon, Sask
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Hoses somehow came off the front two washer nozzles and I need to take out the nozzles themselves to clip the hose back into the quick connector.
Does anyone know how to get them out? I think their just pressure fitted clips.
Its melting around home and I can't see!
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Disregard, stupid question. A little love tap with a flathead and they popped out. Must have been frozen at one point and the pressure caused them to pop off. Odd they have no clamp or anything holding them on.
Thanks anyway.

Which Direction does the nozzle come out? Does it come off at a 90 or does it push towards the Windshield. I have looked for just a pic of the nozzle, but cant find anything.

Thanks, Corey

Get a flathead under it and pry towards the windshield. Its just a pressure clip.

Get a flathead under it and pry towards the windshield. Its just a pressure clip.

Did you pry on the exposed "outside side" or from the under the hood part?
happened to mine 2 times. the first time the dealer just put it back together. the second time it was new hose and nozzles.

Under the hood.

how to get washer nozzle out of hood on 2014 explorer,need to replace my quick connect broke

I need help with this too.

how to get washer nozzle out of hood on 2014 explorer,need to replace my quick connect broke

I'm late with a response...but I wanted to hopefully contribute something that will help others in the future to locate the tab that you need to depress to remove the WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID NOZZLE (Note, CAP'd because this search term did not work for me!). Also including the misspelled nozzel for search feature! :)

http://[URL=http://s123.photobucket.com/user/jlrohio/media/2011%20Explorer/Pic%20of%20Washer%20Nozzle%20Tab%20For%20Removal.jpg.html][ATTACH=full]306828[/ATTACH]To remove the washer nozzle, you need to get a small screwdriver underneath the nozzle and push back on the tab indicated in this picture. This will allow the nozzle to then come out of the hood - no need to peel back or remove the hood liner.

If your hose came disconnected...you just need to feed the hose through the hood (this should be obvious to you) down towards the hole that the nozzle snaps into - connect the hose to the nozzle and then snap the nozzle back into the hood.
[ATTACH=full]413957[/ATTACH]

I don't know why...but twice now, my passenger side hose has disconnected from the nozzle (which is in between the sheet metal of the hood! :mad: I also noticed that the spray was also gummed up a bit (I guess whomever I purchased windshield washer cleaner from at some point in the past uses well water or some other form of crappy water with minerals in it).

Tonight, I removed both nozzles, soaked em with CLR for a while and then placed them in boiling hot water for a while longer...then I took a toothbrush to em' and blew them out with canned air. (weird, you can not blow air through them but canned air does work - I wonder if there is some sort of baffle in there to keep the hoses "primed") They spray much better now!

[ATTACH=full]306829[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]306830[/ATTACH]

Is there any adjustment to the spray? My (former) 13 sprayed better and higher than my current 16 and I want to adjust them up a little.

Is there any adjustment to the spray? My (former) 13 sprayed better and higher than my current 16 and I want to adjust them up a little.

First, sorry for the last reply.

There was no adjustments on mine - you could try and modify the spacing of how they are inserted under the hood to force them to aim higher. Would not take much IMO.

Side note - Did some of the pics get dropped with the new format??

First, sorry for the last reply.

There was no adjustments on mine - you could try and modify the spacing of how they are inserted under the hood to force them to aim higher. Would not take much IMO.

Side note - Did some of the pics get dropped with the new format??
There were pics that were deleted with the changeover but it also not unusual for pictures posted by 3rd party programs to disappear. That has happened many times. Only pictures posted to our servers will not disappear. That requires an Elite membership.

Peter

Hey, I'm about to go on a long road trip in a few days and just noticed my drivers side nozzle won't spray and the passenger one sprays only about half as far as it used to. I am assuming the connector on the driver side either got disconnected or broke. Whats the best way to get the hood liner off without breaking anything so that I can look?

2013 explorer by the way.

Hey, I'm about to go on a long road trip in a few days and just noticed my drivers side nozzle won't spray and the passenger one sprays only about half as far as it used to. I am assuming the connector on the driver side either got disconnected or broke. Whats the best way to get the hood liner off without breaking anything so that I can look?

If it's disconnected then you probably should see fluid dripping somewhere. Is the rear washer working? I have never removed that liner.

Peter

If it's disconnected then you probably should see fluid dripping somewhere. Is the rear washer working? I have never removed that liner.

Peter

If the hose is disconnected from the nozzle, than there will be fluid dripping from under the hood if you run the washer fluid. It will be obvious that washer fluid is leaking from under the hood.

Here is a pic of the hose hanging down after I removed it from the hood (after I disconnected the nozzle from the hood - see above (earlier) posting and enclosed pic for how to remove nozzle).

WasherNozzle%20Hose.jpg

The red arrow indicates the end of the hose. You will feed this down into the hood (in the opening) to the nozzle area - you will route the hose out through the nozzle hole area and connect the end of the nozzle to the hose. Once the hose and nozzle are connected, you will feed the hose back up into the hole, as the nozzle is snapped back into place. The hose connection to the nozzle is hidden up under the hood.

Hope this helps others in the future!

Thanks for posting that picture. What I am really interested in is seeing how the hood is fastened to the braces. I wonder if the vibrating hood issues are due to the bond between the two surfaces breaking?

Peter

Here are some more pics of accessing the windshield washer hoses underneath the black hood insulation pad.

The black hood insulation pad is held in by eight plastic buttons that are easily removed. Carefully and gently, slide your hands under the hood insulation pad to pry the buttons off one at a time. (note: place your other hand underneath each button as you pry it off as the button will easily fall away)

Underside%20of%20Hood%20Covering.jpg

After you remove the eight buttons, the hood insulation pad is now resting on two guides (or hooks) that it will easily slid off of.

Here is a pic of the button and showing the hole it slides into:

Hood%20Undercover%20Button.jpg

Hood%20Undercover%20Button-2.jpg

Here is a pic of the underside of the hood and the routing of the black windshield washer hose and its routing to the nozzles inside of the hood. (note - the hood insulation pad is resting on top of the engine).

Hood%20Up-1.jpg

Here is the hose going to the nozzle on the passenger side:
Passenger%20Side%20Washer%20Hose%20in%20Hood-2.jpg

Here is the hose going to the nozzle on the drivers side:
Driver%20Side%20Washer%20Hose%20in%20Hood-2.jpg

I hope these pics along with the earlier explanation of the routing and nozzle removal can be of help if needed by those whose hoses come disconnected from the nozzle (or some other type of replacement). It's not too difficult overall - just a bit time consuming - between 5-30 mins from start to finish...depending on how methodically you are. (Note: feel free to use the photobucket posted pictures in other threads or write-ups here at ExplorerForums.com, if needed to point something else out).

I just had this problem on my 2016 explorer. One thing that I didn’t see in any of the pics... is there an easy way to pull off the hose from the elbow connector that heads into the driver’s side nozzle?

I had very little slack when I pushed the disconnected hose through the hood access hole and pushed the nozzle back on. It now works, and the nozzle is on and back in place on the hood, but I was unable to push it far back on the hose. I suspect this fix will not last long, and I’d like to do it properly. I tried to pull the hose off the elbow, but it looked crimped onto both ends. I would like to take that hose off, push the nozzle back on much farther, and feed the hose back through from the nozzle opening and hook the hose back onto the elbow. (See the picture below for the elbow connector I am referring to.)

Any help would be appreciated. I was afraid to break it as I have a road trip tomorrow and I need the washers to work

Thanks!

Here is the hose going to the nozzle on the drivers side:
Driver%20Side%20Washer%20Hose%20in%20Hood-2.jpg

I hope these pics along with the earlier explanation of the routing and nozzle removal can be of help if needed by those whose hoses come disconnected from the nozzle (or some other type of replacement). It's not too difficult overall - just a bit time consuming - between 5-30 mins from start to finish...depending on how methodically you are. (Note: feel free to use the photobucket posted pictures in other threads or write-ups here at ExplorerForums.com, if needed to point something else out).

Back