Able to retrofit Electronic Climate to 01 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Able to retrofit Electronic Climate to 01 Sport

ExpoinLA

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I purchased one of these on ebay..

Anyone retrofit these or the other "miles" to empty" parts into the 01 Sports, non electronic models?

$_57.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, it can be done. But there other parts needed and a little wiring to be done. I did this to my truck. Here is a link to the write up I followed.

The link didn't go through

Yes, it can be done. But there other parts needed and a little wiring to be done. I did this to my truck. Here is a link to the write up I followed.

Awesome link! :D

Would it be easier to swap dash harnesses instead? I'm familiar with auto wiring so I wouldn't mind splicing and running wires, I'm just wondering since you experienced it already.

Probably not. It's really only a matter of creating a short harness for the blend door actuator and running 3 wires out to the blower motor controller. The rest is pretty basic.

Probably not. It's really only a matter of creating a short harness for the blend door actuator and running 3 wires out to the blower motor controller. The rest is pretty basic.

Sounds simple. What about the vacuum tubes. I noticed that they're different between Manual ac and EATC.

You just need the vacuum adapter from the EATC control head to plug into the trucks harness.

You just need the vacuum adapter from the EATC control head to plug into the trucks harness.

Ok. Sorry for all the questions but I really do appreciate the info. Just wondering if you have to do anything to the rear blower for it to work with EATC, and what parts other than the front blower resistor and control unit have to be swapped out. Thanks again

Ok. Sorry for all the questions but I really do appreciate the info. Just wondering if you have to do anything to the rear blower for it to work with EATC, and what parts other than the front blower resistor and control unit have to be swapped out. Thanks again

The parts you listed, and the blend door actuator. The rear blower works as it did before, no change.

Back