Got into a rear collision | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got into a rear collision

its the shape of the vehicle, its almost shaped like a jelly bean. Try raising the driver seat position, it helps see over the high door sills and actually does help to judge distance on the sides.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its the shape of the vehicle, its almost shaped like a jelly bean....
Haven't heard that one before.:D I have heard it is shaped like a brick when people discuss their gas mileage.;)

Peter

This happened to me in Thanksgiving of 2015 when a Bud delivery truck opened its door in my path and took off my mirror which slammed on my window and door paint. My insurance took care of it and I was only responsible for my deductible - $500. After all the repairs my insurance went after Bud and a year later I received a refund check for my $500 deductible. The cost of the damage was about 4k because they had to replace the mirror, window, paint the entire side and a few internals.

My $0.2. Insurance companies have full divisions that subrogate against parties at fault. Don't waste your time with their shop. Go where you want. Get good references and get it done right. Go to Ford. That will drive the bill up for the OP. Depending on your carrier you make not need to pay your deductible. If you do you will be reimbursed after your carrier subrogates against the OP. You got options.

Haven't heard that one before.:D I have heard it is shaped like a brick when people discuss their gas mileage.;)

Peter
compared to the earlier ones I've had this thing is shaped like a bag full of water? :D

Back