• Register Today It's free!

2016 PIU dealer programming??

adamsdell

Reaction score
City, State
North Wilkesboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Police Utility
Hey guys, I am new here! I found this forum since I just purchased a 16 PI utility and I was doing a lot of web searches on finding one and the options on them. I finally found one close to home. It had 50 miles on it, its a dark blue and I love it. Here is what I have done so far:

1. I bought some keyfobs online and got them programmed for keyless entry which works great.
2. I purchased a center console from amazon, its not the best quality, but it fits great on the plate.
https://www.amazon.com/31515-Black-...F8&qid=1485975236&sr=8-2&keywords=vdp+console

Now I am not sure if you heard of this website: http://www.fordpimods.com/
I purchased a few things from him and he sent me a vin number .AB file. This was supposed to unlock the rear hatch with the door lock button and enable the Media button on the radio. I have went to 3 dealers and called 5 more and none of them will use the .AB file I have.
My question is have any of you used this guy before, or have you had any programming done on your vehicle.
I would really like to get the Media button programmed but I am not sure who can/will use the file I have.

One dealer told me that if he had the steps to go into the programming for the media button, he would, he just didn't know where to look for the settings. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used fordpimods when I got my PIU. I took the .ab file to my dealer and two hours and $200 later everything worked. They need to use IDS to program everything.

Cool, but the dealers I have talked to wont use that .ab file, they are worried about it corrupting the truck....I am at a loss.

I haven't heard of any problems with the .ab file. Sounds like they just don't want to be bothered. I'd call around to more dealerships. Someone will do it for you.

We ordered some 17's back in June, before Ford announced the global unlock option. That overhead unlock switch was the biggest gripe we were hearing from the guys with the 16's. It's a free option from Ford, you just have to specify if you want global unlock or not.

Anyways, after some research on various F150, Mustang and Fusion sites, I learned all about Forscan. The best site I used is here, over 600 pages of info:

http://www.f150forum.com/f118/forscan-software-enable-disable-features-your-truck-348987/

I then downloaded Forscan and bought this $80 scanner:

https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-426...qid=1485998533&sr=8-2&keywords=MX+code+reader

I enabled global unlock, added an OEM HD radio and changed a bunch of other stuff around. I had to compare the "as built" data of my car with that of one with the global unlock and look for differences in the coding.

So, you've already bought the AB file, so you could activate it yourself with a scanner, bluetooth laptop and the Forscan application.

Great guys, I read through most of that forum and learned a lot, so I went and found that odblink mx and purchased it. I also downloaded the forscan and I will play around with that when the obd comes in.
Thanks guys, I will update when I find out what I can do with it.

Hey, I just want to update and let you know that I got the rear door to unlock and the AUX button is programmed...yippee!!
I have now run into another issue with my keyfobs, they are not working now but they did before I started...guess I need to do some more work.
Anyone else program their remotes with the FORSCAN, before, it is easy to do???

I haven't programmed any remotes with Forscan so I can't offer any guidance.

I'm curious about your remotes now not working. Did you back up any of your modules as built data before you started? I'd be curious to compare your stock as built data from Motorcraft versus your as built data after you did your remotes. Then compare that against the changes you recently made. I'm betting something with the global unlock caused them to be inoperative.

Yeah I made backups of all of them before I did this...I hope I don't have to go back and do it all over again....I will work on it tomorrow and see if I can add the remotes without doing a restore and back track my work...took me two hours to get this far...I will let you know how it goes tomorrow afternoon...thxs.

Sorry I have updated this in a while, busy at work. I was able to get the remotes working again after I installed the backup from the bdycm file I made. I am still working on this to get the rear door to unlock with the door button but at least its working with the remotes so I have that. I think the parts in there are in the 726-51-01 thru 726-52-05 for the rear door, I think so?
I was able to find the codes for the AUX input and I think they are in the FCDIM module and got that working with my Bluetooth adapter I installed on the radio and they are in the 7A5-01-01 THRU 7A5-03-01.
I also tried to set the DRL's on mine (turn signals, headlights...) but got an error each time, the same with dark car, it seemed to mess with my remotes since it would not lock/unlock with that enabled. I did try the auto lock function as well, but no go on that. A few other things I tried but cant think of them at the moment...hopefully I get time to figure more out.

For the global unlock, try writing on 726-37-02 in the BCM.

Go from 0101 xxxx xxxx

to 0001 xxxx xxxx.

Just did this on a 17' Friday morning and it works great. This was on a PIU with factory key fobs.

I would love to get dark car activated on mine. Dealer will help?

Is there a walkthrough on using Forscan to add keyless entry to a 2016+?

Is there a walkthrough on using Forscan to add keyless entry to a 2016+?
There are s few threads in the 'Discussion' sub forum on using Forscan. Did you check them out?

Peter

There are s few threads in the 'Discussion' sub forum on using Forscan. Did you check them out?

Peter
Hmm, I looked but can't find any for adding keyless entry to a 2016+.

For my 2017, I used the AsBuiltExplorer.exe file and loaded about a hundred 2017 PIU VINs into it to deduce the following changes for RKE activation specific to my vehicle. Mine uses the 315 MHz fobs.

720-02-01 in the IPC. Changed from 0585 2A34 182A to 0585 2A34 1C2E

726-38-01 in the BCM. Changed from 0000 0100 EA51 to 0100 0100 EA52

726-41-01 in the BCM. Changed from 0100 0001 0071 to 0104 0001 0075

I used a $20 modified ELM327 from eBay to make changes with ForScan. I ordered my fobs from AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake and took them to a local dealer to program (they charged $60 for the programming).

Thanks KayGee. Do you have any screenshots from the AsBuiltCompare to show how you identified which bits to change? My starting values are different than your starting values, and I'd like to be more sure about what I'm changing before doing it.

Sorry, here are the suggested 'Perfect Bits' I came up with:
720-02-01 bit 37 val 1
726-38-01 bit 7 val 1
726-41-01 bit 13 val 1

I think I'm good on the BCM, but confused on IPC. It could just be that I don't understand FORScan, but I'm hung up on what you said about the 37th bit. It looks like bit 37 was already value 1 before, and it was changed to a 0. Also why did bits 35 and 38 change?

ra0fOdO.png

Thanks for any insight you can provide

EDIT: Well, I tried both ways, and they both seemed to have the same effect. Both ways resulted in a new menu option under Vehicle Settings > Locks, to choose between Driver's Door and All Doors.

Now on to programming the FOB. Does anyone know what the procedure the dealer actually performs for this? Is it something that can be done at home? Do we have any Ford technicians that can chime in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Manual has a part on programming fobs but you must have 2 programmed ones to start with. I don't know how or where the programming is picked up from though so I don't know if any changes made to the vehicle's OEM programs will be copied. Perhaps sheltonfilms or jmr061 would know.

Peter

Back