Tnashua

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Hello,
I am a proud owner of a mildly modified 98 XLT.
Unfortunately- the throw out bearing is making noise, the tranny sometimes grinds a little going into 3rd, and some dummy (won't name names) didn't put sealant on the flywheel bolts when he rebuilt the engine about 14K ago- SO- I will be pulling things apart sometime this summer (after I get one of my other vehicles running in dependable fashion). I would like to replace everything that may cause grief while everything is apart... I have had the tranny parts sitting around for a while, and I also have some transfer case goodies, but I haven't been able to decide on clutch stuff...
There is a kit on eBay that is financially tempting, but I haven't found anyone talking about them on here. I really have searched (a couple of occasions- but then- I never have had great success with searches)...
Has anyone on here used these components?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161682703146?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
If so- what is your opinion of them?
I'd love to buy a Centerforce Dual Friction setup, but my recent divorce has me in such a hole- it would really be irresponsible of me to buy it if this other kit (or something else you guys recommend) is that much cheaper...
Please let me know what you've discovered over the years!
THANKS,
Ty
15873524_1508592372502643_4239098913863335136_n.jpg

FWIW, I went with LUK when I did the clutch in my Ranger, and also in my old truck. It's the OEM brand. The factory Luk in my Ranger lasted me about 200k, so I figured it was a decent clutch and put another in. ;) Got well over 100k on this one so far...

+1 for the LuK kit.

I have had good luck w/ LUK in other projects in past years... Just not sure how they perform w/ more power.
I'm sure I am making a bit more power than stock right now, but I have plans to slap my M90 on it in a couple years and turn it up a bit more. Any of you using the stock clutch with a supercharger?
Thanks!

Back