Adding Nav to My touch what is needed? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding Nav to My touch what is needed?

vartech

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 xlt explorer
I read this and have seen youtube videos saying it works on other ford cards

1 - Get a used APIM only part with the numbers DS7T in it. (aluminum only part with the fins, you DO NOT need the screen)
2 - Get the VIN# of the car it came out of and check the VIN to see if it was enabled with factory NAV. There are internet sites that will check the VIN for you. Must be a unit with NAV enabled.
http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Numbe...cker/Ford.html
3. Install the APIM only to the back of your LCD.
4. The system will reboot and reset.
5. The system will them ask you to insert the NAV sd card, do that. (obviously, you have to buy a nav card )
6. Enjoy factory NAV for about $100

others say any apim from a car that had nav will work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you wish to have a mismatched APIM with your vehicle yes you can do that. The only way to get one 100 percent matching is to get one programmed for your vehicle.

This is an example of the wrong APIM and misconfigured APIM being used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLuGnZoU2Y

They have placed an early model APIM in an Explorer that uses a later version APIM plus suddenly you have gain cooled seats in addition to your heated seats (note the original display screen versus the updated NAV display screen).

This tells me that this APIM has NOT been programmed to match that vehicle. Who knows what else is misconfigured and what will and won't function properly!!

What about remote start. Mine was added after will a swap affect that?

This is an example of the wrong APIM and misconfigured APIM being used:

They have placed an early model APIM in an Explorer that uses a later version APIM plus suddenly you have gain cooled seats in addition to your heated seats (note the original display screen versus the updated NAV display screen).

This tells me that this APIM has NOT been programmed to match that vehicle. Who knows what else is misconfigured and what will and won't function properly!!

I just purchased a 2013 XLT without NAV. It has heated seats but not cooled seats.

If I order an APIM through you can functioning seat cooling and any other options I might be missing be added?

Thank you. Sorry to be replying so long after your post.

I just purchased a 2013 XLT without NAV. It has heated seats but not cooled seats.

If I order an APIM through you can functioning seat cooling and any other options I might be missing be added?

LT, I think that regardless if Jason could program that option for you, it wouldn't actually do anything because of the missing hardware, the blower fan isn't in the bottom of your seat.

The seat cooling on the Explorer is simply a blower fan in the bottom of the seat that grabs AMBIENT cabin air and pushes it through the seat vents. You can tell by looking under your seat.

Sgt411 is correct....heated/cooled seats are a totally different seat than just heated seats. Changing to those would be an expensive proposition.

look at the Forscan thread over in the F150 forum. All you need to do is read the instructions on how to add nav.

Back