Digital speedomater | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Digital speedomater

Thanks for taking the time to do that and posting.:thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That cluster is the one feature I wish I could have in my Limited.

Thanks for taking the time to do that and posting.:thumbsup:

Peter
Here are a few more views for you with the km/h turned on in the analog speedo... you're just giving me a reason to go out and play! Keep the questions coming! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

7335cdba-3b81-4229-9a4f-b6759b6c5674_zpseuw3rcwa.jpg

240585d7-aa94-4c39-bbc0-59bf5bc897e3_zpsrwfbtnrr.jpg

Here are the two cluster types. The first is 2016 and the second is 2017. IN the 2017 you can see that the digital speedometer display has been move.

Peter

2016-ford-explorer-platinum-interior-photo-649201-s-986x603_001.JPG

2017 cluster.JPG

The thing is the 16 cluster is fully capable of having its firmware upgraded to that of the 17 however Ford chooses not to provide the update through the dealer software to do it.

Great, but how do you get the digital speedometer to display for 2016 Platinum?

Great, but how do you get the digital speedometer to display for 2016 Platinum?

It will show up on the right-hand display only when you have lane assist and cruise control off. The 2017MY Explorers have a newer IPC firmware which allows for display on the center screen with a much larger size. The firmware is compatible with 2016MY but Ford hasn't released it as an update.

It will show up on the right-hand display only when you have lane assist and cruise control off. The 2017MY Explorers have a newer IPC firmware which allows for display on the center screen with a much larger size. The firmware is compatible with 2016MY but Ford hasn't released it as an update.
Platinumowner, in a previous post of yours you said you upgraded your IPC firmware on your 2016 platinum to the firmware of a 2018 platinum, thus getting the speed in the center screen. Is it hard to do that? I'm not changing any hardware, I just want to upgrade the firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Back