Front bearing installed. Noise is gone! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front bearing installed. Noise is gone!

michael loibl

Reaction score
City, State
maywood, new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 EB V6 & 2020 XLT
I just wanted to thank everyone who chimed in recently about replacing bearings, and how to determine which one is bad. Special thanks to Doctor Explorer PL, who seems to fear no repair project. And for the Amazon link for the Motorcraft hub

I decided to do it yesterday morning outside in the 15 degree weather, rather than next week inside because the noise got to the point where she was afraid to drive it, and her dads health has been poor, and she needs to be able to run down Route 80 with confidence.

Start to finish tool me 1 hr 15 minutes, including getting jacks and tools out. That was without any power tools, because it was early morning and also my first time doing this project on an explorer. I also thoroughly cleaned up the axle stub and knuckle attachment points. I could probably shave 20 minutes off the job in the future.

Turning the old hub in my hand, it was obviously gritty compared to the new. Thanks again everyone... Happy wife, happy life.
56qYxW4l.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL

Well Done Man....Well done

Great news Mike.
Looks like the forum is doing its job - exchanging information and experiences.
Best wishes for your FIL.

Wow that was fast. Thumbs up!

LOL
Thanks Mike,
now my kids and wife follow me around the house and call me Doctor :)

Back