Aluminum hoods now covered for 5 yrs, unlimited miles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aluminum hoods now covered for 5 yrs, unlimited miles

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Not sure when this started but found this posted on the Ford site I belong to in the 2016 warranty guide.

https://www.ford.com/resources/ford...ck-Warranty-version-1_frdwa_EN-US_03_2015.pdf

"If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure when this started but found this posted on the Ford site I belong to in the 2016 warranty guide.

https://www.ford.com/resources/ford...ck-Warranty-version-1_frdwa_EN-US_03_2015.pdf

"If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage, and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions and/or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage repairs are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles."
I have a copy of that warranty guide which I downloaded on Sept. 21, 2015 and it had that exact statement in it. It is not included in the 2015 Warranty Guide.

Peter

So this only applies to 16 year models and up?

Well....dang.
I only said that since it only appears in the 2016/17 Warranty Guides. I have not seen anything mentioning it would apply to previous years.

Peter

I only said that since it only appears in the 2016/17 Warranty Guides. I have not seen anything mentioning it would apply to previous years.

Peter

I doubt anything will come of it for previous years. I just installed a hood deflector, which I am NOT a fan of, this weekend to cover the chipping. It looks better than the aluminum showing, and its also a good thing that my EX is black so that its not as obvious there is a hood deflector on.

After doing this, I checked out my Dad's magnetic 15 and his is blistering too! I told him time is ticking to get it fixed since he has about 31,000 miles.

Back