Just Ordered my 2017 Explorer Limited | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just Ordered my 2017 Explorer Limited

I don't think you really need the locking cap. I have the dealer store my wheels. I used to store and swap them myself but with the wheels getting heavier and me getting older I find that for $35 or so It isn't worth the trouble. Besides I also don't have the necessary torque wrench or TPMS training tool. So much easier to have the dealer do it all when getting an oil change while I get a coffee and chat with my salesman.:)

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DG1Z-1015-A for the wheel, F87Z-1030-GB for the Wheel Cover (Cap) and DG1Z-1012-A for the wheel nuts.
Here is a link to Levittown Ford; http://levittownfordparts.com/ford-explorer-police-interceptor-wheel-p-2295.html
I got the wheels for $88 each (discounted from $102.95), the cover $20 ($23.54) and the wheel nuts for $2.56 each but that was a special price as the parts manager was able to obtain the last box the supplier had on hand. I've found the prices for wheels to be 3 or 4 times higher in the U.S. for some reason.

Peter
That may come in handy. We use snow's on our vehicles as well. Our slow snow removal and drifting requires it, living out in the sticks. If the rims/tires from our 2015 MKX wont fit, I'll have my dealer price them out for me. They are my goto guys, since they treat me well and give me discounts on everything i buy from the parts department.

Ordered husky contour matts for all three rows yesterday....

Ordered husky contour matts for all three rows yesterday....

Please post pics, even if you haven't got the vehicle yet. I'm anxious to see how they dealt with the door sill.

Please post pics, even if you haven't got the vehicle yet. I'm anxious to see how they dealt with the door sill.
Ok... will try when I get them...

My Ex arrived at the dealer on march 8th.

I called them on the 9th and they eventually verified that they have it.

Now to find time to go down during the day and inspect it, take some video and photos and take delivery....can't seem to find any available time maybe next Friday...go figure....another week... hope nothing happens to it while it's sitting around at the dealer waiting for me....

As we haven't bought a new vehicle in a very, very, very long time, I want this to be a memorable family event for all of us especially my kids.., they were involved in test drives and ultimately helping select which vehicle and colour combos.

Will keep you posted....

Now waiting for my Husky floor mats, Gotilla wheel locks, Ford bug deflector and Weatherteck side window wind/rain deflectors to come in.

Now waiting for my Husky floor mats, Gotilla wheel locks, Ford bug deflector and Weatherteck side window wind/rain deflectors to come in.

Congrats on your vehicle finally arriving! Mine is still in processing today. I'm actually looking to do a lot of the additional items you said were doing as well. Deflectors, gas lock, and husky contours. Not to sound redundant but would still love to see pics of all of those items on your vehicle. When you're ready. Would help justify purchasing items for a vehicle that has yet to exist! Haha.

Just picked up my front Husky liners this morning but they are still in the box sitting in the garage.:)
Hope they don't sell your Explorer before you get time to pick it up.;)

Peter

Go figure, been having fantastic spring weather up here in the Toronto area and plenty of rain this past month.... all the winter salt has been washed away so I figured, I'll get my Ex at the end of the week and drive it on clean dry roads over to Krown Rustproofing for its initial spray down....

Wrong!!!!!

Got super cold a few days ago and now we're supposed to have a major winter storm tracking in on Monday thru wednesday. CRAP!

Roads will be wet and covered with tons of salt...wanted to avoid the salt exposure to the polished wheels and body till after I got it rustproofed.

And my Ex will be sitting somewhere in the dealers lot covered in snow... that in itself isn't a problem. Snow itself has never harmed any vehicle. And I actually love to drive through major snow storms.

The problem may happen when some lot boy is told to go get my Ex and clear it off so they can prep it for me. There's the potential of him simply using whatever old brush or broom loaded with debris/ sand etc to remove the snow.... runing that thing across ( rather than along the lines of the vehicle) the the freshly painted surfaces... enormous potential for light scratches that if happens will drive me nuts.

I hope I'm just being paranoid, but something tells me that this is a real possibility and the dealer can't really do anything about it once and if the damage is done...it's not like they can simply get me a another one....maybe polish it up or something.

I guess we'll just have to see how things shake down this week.

Well, it finally arrived!!! Yay

Got it on St Patrick's Day and it was sunny and not too cold.

All went really smoothly and the dealer had installed the ford cross rails and rear bumper protector. Unfortunately, my ford slash guards did not come in on time. So, dealer will install them when they arrive and offered to install my Ford Bug Deflector at no additional charge.

Still waiting for those and a little thing of touch up paint.

Oh yes, the dealer had new winters installed on new black steel rims ready and waiting so I could take them home for next winter.

Other than that I installed the Husky floor matts in all 3 rows.... love their fit and finish and was really shocked at how little they weighed.

Also installed Gorilla wheel locks and a Ford locking cas cap.... very cool ,.. unlike mcquards wheel locks, they have a smooth outter ring that if clamped by vice grips, simply spin around.

Drove the Ex straight from the dealer to my Local Krown Rust control guy... really lucky as the fellow that sprayed my 97 riviera some 14 years ago remembers me and how particular I was about what I wanted and didn't want sprayed at the time, so I knew he would do a really thorough job as he did in the past..., and at this place you can see what they are doing... very happy with them.

The very next day, Saturday, I had a business appointment so I took the Ex and it was cold, wet with wet snow showers so my Ex got a taste of rain, snow and plenty of salt with under 15kms on it.

Couple days later I tried to install the side window wind deflectors, but it was too cold outside and I couldn't flex them enough for an easy fit, so decided to wait till it's warmer.... didn't want to snap/ break them.

So love the truck and very slowly ploughing through the manual trying to figure out on what sub levels of the menus everything is..,, so much technology and it's all buried in Sync somewhere.

Sorry for the Delay posting the update... been very busy with work, reading the manual and detailing my 97 Riviera as need to sell it now... love that car... but it's time for a new owner now.

I promise I'll get to the photos as soon as its sunnier outside and I have time to wash it.

I've had those stick-on side window wind deflectors on a dozen or so vehicles, most installed by the dealer, few by myself. Many dealer installs had started to come loose at the front end-facing the wind, usually after 2-3 years. The best luck i had with them staying on without coming loose is on my own installs: wait for a hot day and let both the vehicle and the visors heat up. (You'll want the glue nice and warm) Once installed, i put masking tape on the parts that have the glue-strips, putting pressure on them over night without driving the car.
Let us know what you think of the (value) Hankook Tires.....

I know its here somewhere but I couldn't find it...do you guys know when the cutoff date is to order the 2017s?

As always thank you for your prompt responses ;)

As always thank you for your prompt responses ;)

June 30th is the last day. And that does not mean it will be built. As the MY winds down, options become limited and out of stock due to Ford not wanting extra parts left over for builds.

Example, I had a fusion Titanium and SE ordered and only the SE is being built because of part shortages.

That's a really long wait... I put a deposit down on a 2017 Limited in Smoked Quartz almost four weeks ago and still don't have a VIN, I hope I don't have to wait as long as you did :). I hope you're enjoying your new baby.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hang in there... it's worth the wait... and when it comes you'll very quickly forget the wait .

Back